BMW back with factory team in WSBK 2019 !

Boxerlust

Reaction score
Just read that BMW will have a factory effort with Shaun Muir Racing in WSBK in 2019 with the all new S1000RR - 2 riders Tom Sykes & Markus Reiterberger :thumby:

I am a bit surprised, but wish them well.

The dominence of Jonathan Rea has been impressive, but has spoilt my viewing pleasure to some extent. Tom has rarely matched JR despite both being on the Kawasaki & will need to up his game a tad methinks. However the question is has the WSB format still got legs - personally I prefer the cut & thrust of BSB. Just saying.

Jonny Rea for sure is the best rider that probably could win on a Schwinn like Ben Spies could have in 2009.But he will stay with Kawasaki.Shaun Muir was successful with Tommy Hill in BSB and it will be interesting for sure and good to see that BMW puts in a factory effort to campaign their all new S-RR !
Tom Sykes is a very good rider as also Markus Reiterberger a very fast guy hungry to win...Won the European superstock championship on the S1000RR 2018.
Another standout is Chaz Davies but he will stay with Ducati...
Anyways I look forward for the new season as MotoGP is boring as the Marquez one man show...as boring as REA always winning...;)
Hopefully that changes next year...:thumby:

Panigale V4 will shake up the current Status Quo in WSBK when it hits the track next year.

Sent from a U11

We'll see about that as the street Panigales 1100 really havn't set the world on fire and really are cheaters running 10% more displacement and scare a lot of riders/not easy to ride fast on the track if they don't blow up...After all these years the S1000RR is still the easiest bike to ride fast for the track day enthusiast !
Of course WSBK is a completely different story as those bikes have nothing more in common with the stuff we can buy than the logo on the tank costing 10 times as much as the stock bikes.Just look at the ZX-10 that wins every race under REA but is a turd in stock form and thus a very slow seller.
But it will interesting to see if the all new S-RR advances the game (CF wheels and maybe even frame as probably also shift cam technology to get even more power and midrange torque ) as the original did back in 2009...and if they finally have some success with the new bike and a top rider like Sykes with a fast rookie like Reiterberger edging him on !

Back
Top Bottom