Garmin: 2 gmapsupp files on 1 card ~

David Nimrod

Reality you can rely on...
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Lets say I want to have Garmin mapping, and OSM mapping, on one SD card, in my Zumo 550...

Is it possible to have 2 gmapsupp files on one card, and if so, what would you name the second one..?

yes its possible. if i remember correctly, its a while since i did this, but i believe the naming format would be gmapsupp and gmapsupp1 or gmapsupp2 . you may also have the map thats on the zumos internal memmory,

It would be a lot easier to have the maps on individual sd cards its a 30 second job to change them as you will be aware.

Yes, it’s possible.

I can’t ever remember renaming the files though.

Give it a go. If it works, it works. If it doesn’t, then try Lee’s renaming tip. If it doesn’t work then, hit with hammer or return here for more (more helpful) advice.

When using the device, just be sure that you only have one set of maps selected at any one time. My Nav VI went into a deep sulk when, after a software update, it chose to run the Garmin and OSM maps simultaneously. It took me a while to find out the cause of the otherwise perfectly reliable device’s sudden recalcitrance.

All good advice... will experiment and see if anything works re. file names. However, on mature reflection, the individual sd card solution seems the most elegant, a sulky Garmin is the last thing any of us need!

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom