current bike

Speedy1959

Reaction score
My current bike is a 2005 (K4 model) Suzuki GSX1400

I love the bike and its gentle giant nature.
It has 106hp but 125nm or torque!
Pulls cleanly in any gear from 2,000rpm

However I am beginning to get re bitten by the GS bug and am giving serious thought to returning to the fold!

Photos

Here is "Sophie"..
There is a chance she may be for sale..
Watch this space as they say...

Attachments

• 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 505
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 524
why swop suzuki reliability for doubtful bmw? i went from a gs to a vstrom 650, not because of reliability although the gs had a couple of probs during my 6yrs of ownership. i changed for less weight due to advancing yrs and am well pleased with the vstrom.

The GS is a great bike, I've had 7 new GS's over a 15 year period. Now have Yamaha Super Tenere 1200. I made this decision after months of detailed research. It's so underrated, I covered over 120,000 miles on GS's, great bike but I now wish I had considered my S10 years ago!!

The GS is a great bike, I've had 7 new GS's over a 15 year period. Now have Yamaha Super Tenere 1200. I made this decision after months of detailed research. It's so underrated, I covered over 120,000 miles on GS's, great bike but I now wish I had considered my S10 years ago!!

Did you also look at the V Strom 1000 and how do you find the S10? I had an 05 GS and am looking for a long distance bike now - reliable, decent power, good weather protection plus non- corroding would be nice (why I sold the GS in the end).

I have 2 main dealers nearby, one Suzuki and the other Yamaha / Triumph so am looking to test ride the S10, Tiger and V Strom.

I agree that the GS is a great bike. So I have two questions, westride:
1, why did you have 7 in a 15 year period?
2, how come you only did just over 17,000 miles on each one?

I could afford to change, new models etc. I wish had kept my 2008 GSA. It was basic, I wish I had kept it and taken it past the 100,000 miles.

To counter that, I thought the S10 was a dog, over weight and under powered and I'm a Yamaha man, didn't like mine at all.

Back
Top Bottom