Meandering around the small roads of the Pyrenees

Nice one Alastair :thumb

I agree with Tarka ... trips like these are just quite simply great. Just shows that you don't need the latest 1200 with all the whistles and bells :D

:beerjug:

Great report we were in the Pyrenee in June so brought back happy memories nice bike too love the XT's :thumb

Yep. I'm liking that. Simple 'follow your nose' tour. No complications. Good write up. Thanks.

Enjoyed reading that and the pics...........

Just a small point you may have missed - Any travel insurance you might have had, would probably not be valid due to lack of return booking.

Just a small point you may have missed - Any travel insurance you might have had, would probably not be valid due to lack of return booking.

Yes, but quite a few companies offer open ended policies with no return booked. Need to check though

Most enjoyable Ride Report :thumb2

I like those kind of trips where ,,, the tent is on ,,,and there is nothing booked , IMHO it's the very best of MC touring .

Update on the insurance point raised by Al. My current policy is with Holidaysafe, a bike specific policy. I called them to advise that I will be meandering around some parts of the Med from mid April and, due to my personal preference being not to over plan these things, I will only be booking a single ticket on the ferry to Spain. Not a problem they said, have a good trip. Just stay within the 31 day trip limit.

But worth checking.

I thoroughly enjoyed your ride report and the way you just "wing it" as you go". Great pics too.
Looks like you had a great trip.

I've been caught out too with the late Spanish dinner times - I'm usually on the road by 08:00 so I'll want to stop about 17:00 - 18:00 find somewhere and then eat and they're not ready for that then.

Enjoyed reading your report Alastair. A relaxing trip on an XT , complete with Sheepskin!

Enjoyed that, thanks for taking the time to write it up.

How did you find travelling on your own?

Enjoyed that, thanks for taking the time to write it up.

How did you find travelling on your own?

Great! Start, stop, change route, do as you like with no need to compromise. Generally you can find someone to talk to in a bar in the evening but I'm quite happy people watching, reading a paper or magazine and doing my own thing. So if you ride through a village that takes your fancy, just stop, regardless of what time it is. Or vice versa.

A compromise for some would be to have a few days in a group then split off, planning to meet up later on. Then see which you prefer. And some will ride alone during the day, only meeting up in the evenings. Lots of alternatives, all good.

Back
Top Bottom