New 1250 RS...nice

BMW designers should stop doing coke when selecting colour schemes... Then again, its bavarian....

It looks good in black, but the other colours are awful. Did I read that someone on here put R bars on one of these?

At Intermot Wunderlich had the old bike with their GS bar conversion on,it was pretty good to me.I'm tempted with this but would like to ride one with the conversion
I know Jefferies have done a few with the R bars

I like it, in black anyway. I had considered having an RS previously, but eventually bought a 2017 GS which had some advantages over the RS at the time. However, the only thing now lacking in comparing the R1250GS and the R1250RS is the Telelever front suspension which I can live without, so maybe the next bike will be the RS!

RS Bits

Agreed, should have just put the 1250 in and left the rest.

Selecting the correct seat makes a difference on an RS, first rode one with a comfort seat and seemed too high, the standard seat is lower and lets you sit in the bike not on it.

Makes a change from Gs / GSA and being less popular makes people stop and chat.

Anyway got to agree the new 1250 GS is a better looker. 3yr warranty also nice.

I actually like the revamped front end. The myopic RR-style headlight always looked odd to me. And hooray for an LED headlight at last. In terms of seat, yes, it does make a difference. The sport seat is high and narrow and whilst it gives more legroom, it makes the bars feel quite low. The regular seat is the best of both worlds for me and good for 2-3 hours. Given that it would probably be £7-8K for me to change my ‘15 RS, and Lupin Blue/white is far nicer than these shite colours, I won’t be buying one next year!

My big criticism of BMW’s recent models it that they seem to be losing their unique design identity. The original F800GS in yellow and black, or the triple black twin cam GS were distinctively BMW. The design of new models like the F850 and R1250 look the same as (or worse than) everyone else. They need a new styling team!

Just been to the NEC and the R1250RS was the bike of the show for me. It looks much more modern than the 1200

695758e9c62e94473e4b2062c4d9269d.jpg

bc8fddca700b9721f1909b0ecac75130.jpg

babda19380aeec03999dc5b1dff85a5f.jpg

I'd say it looks more like a Tracer.

Does anyone know why this is the only bike not on BMW's configurator at the moment? :nenau

very generic look

Bravo and I have the 2016 model in lupin blue. Part of the attraction of this bike for both of us was the asymmetric lights making it look different to the crowd.

I think the colour telly looks hideous. I have ridden a GS Rallye with a colour display and can't say I was impressed.

Whilst the mechanical changes sound very interesting, the reasoning behind the aesthetics of the new bike is very difficult to make sense of.

Back
Top Bottom