Recalls/Problems with new R1250GS/A

Just took my new 1250GS to BMW as oil warning popped up! Got me a little nervous as only done 550 miles. 600 mile service is booked in for next week. BMW said it was a tad low and topped up.

Welcome to the shite house … I had the same on mine at 630 miles , it was collected and checked , I also did the obvious , check level (fine) start up oil vanished (pump fine ) and returned back to the same level (no block)
It was explained that all fine ane was a glitch on the software or something like that , no worries for me just need to get out and strangle the bugger.

It is bound to happen sooner or later.
Don't panic!

Please report any problems or recalls related to this wonderful news edition of the large GS/A.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Everyone look at me!

I want to create the thread on issues with a model........

Too precious!

Cursory check most mornings, wasn’t noticeable. I didn’t have a micrometer to hand ��. I’m now becoming obsessive and checking morning and night

Welcome to the shite house … I had the same on mine at 630 miles , it was collected and checked , I also did the obvious , check level (fine) start up oil vanished (pump fine ) and returned back to the same level (no block)
It was explained that all fine ane was a glitch on the software or something like that , no worries for me just need to get out and strangle the bugger.

Nice to see the shift cam is developing new issues not seen before :augie

Dissaponted - at that price I’d paid for the bike I thought it emailed me and then ordered the oil ��

Hopefully it’s the thin oil/air in new engine and settling in. First service next week and then I can ride hader and will be able to tell if it’s a problem

Nice to see the shift cam is developing new issues not seen before :augie

Oops...first one.
I am not cursing you new owners...I just wanted to see a collection here...if any.

Tread is useful for people considering the new model. Not me though.
Haters here can kiss my s....shut up n go away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oops...first one.
I am not cursing you new owners...I just wanted to see a collection here...if any.

Welcome to the arena, it is worse inside, you just have to toughen up.........:D

Oops...first one.

Yep Tread is defiantly useful for new owners :)

Rear Shock

Well i bought my first ever Bmw GS, a 1250GSA rallye, picked it up did 44 miles home, parked it in the garage and the next day there was a puddle of blue tinted oil at the bottom of the centre stand, after looking closer i spotted oil on the shock spring and it had pooled onto the stand guard. I took it straight back to the dealer and they've diagnosed a shock failure and replaced the unit. Is shock fluid blue? From what i researched clutch fluid is

Only problem I have had is I fell off it green laning :censor:

You know they are not supposed to go offroad.................:D only the Orange bikes are supposed to do that so they say loud enough here.....:hippy

Ha ha I know..My mrs wasn't very happy she got mud on her Jean's and the repair bill didn't help

Back
Top Bottom