Recalls/Problems with new R1250GS/A

Mine is in for a new clutch basket. My clutch lever ended up going further and further out before the “bite” point.

Took it in, and was told it needs a new clutch basket. The gear change had started to get a bit clunky, and the clutch less shifting was not as smooth as in the first 2k miles. Another guy that works near me, parks in the same car park as me, also had the same issue from new, his clutch plates were out of tolerance, so also had a replacement.

I was told by my dealer it’s not the first time this issue had been raised, and a “case” has been opened with BMW.

Keyless fob failed, new one arrived this week and just need to remove old coded fob!
I'm hoping to keep it for panniers though.

Hill start seems to creep? Also if I blip the throttle it disengages wich may end in tears.
Suggest clutch sensor not where it should be :nenau

the white handguards attract more flies :blast

Brakes , now on my 3rd set of fronts and second set rear pads 7.5 k , the new brakes are brilliant , not a problem but more like they are doing their job .
Oh and the bugger eats tyres as well , set number 4 now ffs

Brakes , now on my 3rd set of fronts and second set rear pads 7.5 k , the new brakes are brilliant , not a problem but more like they are doing their job .

Somehow, I don't think it's the bike that's the problem here.....

Slow down man.

3 months old, 6000 miles and its in for a replacement drive shaft, fuel filler cap and the shift assist to be re-calibrated.

And if the shocks only last 15,000 miles I'm gonna be in for a new set every year!!

3 months old, 6000 miles and its in for a replacement drive shaft, fuel filler cap and the shift assist to be re-calibrated.

And if the shocks only last 15,000 miles I'm gonna be in for a new set every year!!

Whats up with the drive shaft ..

Was getting a rumbling from what felt like the gearbox and dealer diagnosed it as the knuckle on the driveshaft binding. I’ll try and get more info when I pick it up.

I bought a brand new 1250 GSA Rallye in Aprill. Had both front calipers, driveshaft, rear shock all replaced within 2 months. Then had a serious engine fault and I rejected the bike. BMW were exceptionally helpful with this and supplied a brand new 69reg which has broken down twice in the1st 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I bought a brand new 1250 GSA Rallye in Aprill. Had both front calipers, driveshaft, rear shock all replaced within 2 months. Then had a serious engine fault and I rejected the bike. BMW were exceptionally helpful with this and supplied a brand new 69reg which has broken down twice in the1st 2 weeks.

FFS! That’s ridiculous. I’ve had mine 2 weeks and only been out once. I’ll be worried about my next ride at this rate......

Blimey , bit of bad luck there. But to equal the balance , mine has done around 7500 miles and has two small issues , one was an oil message on the dash ( turned out to be nothing ) and it used a bit of oil in the first 1500 miles ( now no oil usage at all) and this bike has been ridden hard for all of those miles.
I do have the usual rumble in 4th but this was the same as all the last ones I had so i'm used to it , I hit the limiter by accident on a down shift and there was a bit of a bang , slowed a bit , listened and then fine again but that was at around 80 and had my big boots on opps.
Really hope you get your bike sorted . (mine is a Nov 18 bike )

Also on the positive side, I got my new 1250GS Rallye in July and have completed 4500 trouble-free miles since then including a 2200 mile trip to Ireland. Just hope this does not become "famous last words" now!!

Back
Top Bottom