Basecamp and nav6 deleting tracks

GB.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is it possible to delete the tracks off you nav 6 via basecamp when you are plugged into your computer? Ive tried but it always comes up with a box saying it has to be deleted through the nav? Didn't know if any of you boffins know of a work around, oh Mac user as well as I know basecamp is slightly different from one operating system to another.

That’s a shame, as it’s easier and quicker to see them on basecamp, select as many as you want then click delete.

can you not do it via your mac by going into the folder structure on the garmin and locating the gpx files and delete them,

Probably, haven’t tried that. Will look tonight, shame you can’t just do it through basecamp

on most garmins and yours maybe different i dont know, you would be looking for a folder named gpx, (somebody please confirm if this is so)

on most garmins and yours maybe different i dont know, you would be looking for a folder named gpx, (somebody please confirm if this is so)

I haven't got a Nav VI but on other Garmins old tracks seem to live in a folder on the system /GPX/Archive. You will most likely find a series of sequentially numbered files in there. The current track I think is located in current.gpx. Easiest way to find out is to open the file - and Mapsource ironically is the simplest way to do this.

Back
Top Bottom