Another KTM dealer bailing.

Why change bike over a dealer issue - just change dealer!

I won't be changing my bike anytime soon, but I won't be buying another KTM unless they get a decent dealer within reasonable reach.

Crescent are turning their Verwood branch into a "dedicated destination store representing all things Yamaha" :mmmm

.. and this is why dealers die .

Maybe the fact that the past experience of KTM reducing prices of bikes that the dealers with stock have paid more for and now they have to sell those at a greatly reduced profit if any, means that they just got pissed off with KTM.

Clever marketing that is :)

How many riders these days do the annual mileage, not may I'd say? But you are still supposed to have an annual service regardless................

Andres

It certainly is. I got caught out this year, as I had the annual service done, then 6 weeks later was told that I’d need the mileage service doing. So now I just get the mileage service done once a year.

BMW does exactly the same, before some knobhead comments.:rolleyes:

It certainly is. I got caught out this year, as I had the annual service done, then 6 weeks later was told that I’d need the mileage service doing. So now I just get the mileage service done once a year.

BMW does exactly the same, before some knobhead comments.:rolleyes:

Yamaha don't ;)

Longer service schedules on the KTMs Steve :thumb

But I’d be spending time cleaning and adjusting the chain, probably my least favourite task.

I’ve had a lot of bikes, the one with the least maintenance (so far) has been this GSA and I’m quite happy for CW to service it and check everything else twice a year.

Dropped into Crescent today to see if they could do my valve service before they lose the franchise. Nope, all KTM kit is going back next week, so "so long and thanks for all the fish".

Fuck 'em.

KTM seem to have lost the plot. Totally crazy not to offer a 3rd year warranty. I bailed out of my 1290SAS before it was two, loved the bike but no warranty concerned me. After market warranty companies take your money but are very difficult to get payouts from, plus their labour rates never enough for a dealer to do the job. IMHO KTM are shafting their network. SAD great bikes.

KTM seem to have lost the plot. Totally crazy not to offer a 3rd year warranty. I bailed out of my 1290SAS before it was two, loved the bike but no warranty concerned me. After market warranty companies take your money but are very difficult to get payouts from, plus their labour rates never enough for a dealer to do the job. IMHO KTM are shafting their network. SAD great bikes.

I discovered this while paying a visit to my local dealer. It can be found inside “origami” 2019 bike brochure..... perhaps some one can shed some light?

4331581d5144ce441bfa7b992027db78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May I suggest a Honda. They make very sensible bikes. :)

Andres

Once upon a time I was not so worried about extended warranties, riding Jap four strokes was a fairly safe proposition, I managed about 20 years, predominantly on bikes 2-6 years old and cannot remember an expensive issue, I might needed a couple of batteries and a wheel bearing or two. Had I paid for 20 years of extended warranties I would be severely out of pocket.

Most European bikes never had the same reliability (at least according to folk lore) and the latest KTM, BMW, Ducati's are laden with hugely expensive electronic systems and suspension components that cannot just be swapped for better quality aftermarket stuff which leaves me worrying a lot more than ever.

I did ask the KTM mob at the NEC why the UK is the only country in Europe without such a warranty and was told "We are working on it" - but I have been hearing this for years, they were blaming UK regulations, but these days are we not pretty much governed by European laws? So why should the UK be all that different to all the Euro countries where you can get a warranty.

I know BMW do extended warranties, as do Kawasaki - and probably others?

I am hoping the do sort something out as I could have more bikes if I could hold on to them longer :) But when feeling obliged to trade in every 2-3 years the losses are pretty high - even when buying on their annual give-away.

I stopped buying KTM after my local dealer wouldn't even consider my 1190AdvR as a trade in on a new bike. The 1190R was just under 2 years old supplied and serviced by them and in good order. That was a couple of years ago, this year they ceased selling KTM but still retain their service capability. I'm now a Honda ATAS owner.

I'm now a Honda ATAS owner.

You have my deepest sympathies.

If my dealer would not take my bike in PX I would just find another dealer.

Buying a bike that has 65BHP less, weighs more and has the street cred of a Chinese 250 seems like an extreme solution to a non-existent problem.

Bizarrely it would seem to some but I really enjoy my ATAS. It doesn’t feel heavy and also doesn’t try to tank slap at the slightest whiff of throttle neither does it want to wash out the front wheel when conditions are sloppy. It reminds me a lot of my old 950Adv with all the kinks ironed out and with more torque. I did think long about going back to. 950 but getting that didn’t need strip /rebuild for worn bits wasn’t going to be easy. Still my favourite of all the KTMs I had.

Back
Top Bottom