Another KTM dealer bailing.

cookie

Stay Frosty
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
South coast KTM owners might be unhappy to see Crescent in Verwood giving up the franchise at the end of the year. For me this means a very convenient (15 mins away) dealer becomes a very inconvenient dealer in Exeter or Bristol FFS!

Still, make the decision whether to service the bike myself or not somewhat easier. Every cloud etc.

Crescent is a fairly pleasant industrial estate kind of place. Can't imagine KTM objecting to their current premises.

My guess would be they simply aren't selling enough bikes or can't be arsed dealing with KTM, when they could concentrate on being a solus (soul less?) Yamaha dealer, which is what the branch is to become.

They do have form for this, having previously given Aprillia/Guzzi the push IIRC.

Ffs, we need MORE dealers, not less :blast

KTM needed a dealership in Devon after they pulled out of the partnership with PGH in Torquay and we waited about 6 months before they hooked up with S and P in Exeter, so you may find that a replacement dealership is on the cards.
They would be daft to let any momentum built up with sales tail off because potential owners baulk at having their nearest dealer many hours away.

This smacks of too much capacity in the market, and people are willing to travel a long way (or deliver bikes a long way) these days. All very different from when we had multiple local bike dealers.

I'm not willing to travel far to a dealer.

I'll buy parts from Jersey and do the work myself in preference.

Crescent is my dealer, and I was intending to go in next week (post NEC visit) to put a deposit on a 790 ADV.

Not sure what to do now - go back to BMW, slide across to Triumph, or travel further to find another KTM Dealer :confused: :(

I'm near Southampton, so Crescent wasn't too bad, but Premier are at least an hour away - I think a few people on here rate them, right?

Premier are at least an hour away - I think a few people on here rate them, right?

Yep I like them, and have been dealing with them since the early 90’s. But don’t rely on me, ask them about their “mystery shopper” scores. Their last one was the highest ever awarded in the UK dealership network.

It does also help that they’re 3 miles down the road from me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yep I like them, and have been dealing with them since the early 90’s. But don’t rely on me, ask them about their “mystery shopper” scores. Their last one was the highest ever awarded in the UK dealership network.

It does also help that they’re 3 miles down the road from me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bought a couple of used bikes from Premier Bikes.
Always good service & friendly guys.
I bought a couple of alloy wheel nuts earlier in the year & they posted them to me same day for £3, so I think mail order is good also.
Much better now they've moved into larger premises.

Crescent is my dealer, and I was intending to go in next week (post NEC visit) to put a deposit on a 790 ADV.

Not sure what to do now - go back to BMW, slide across to Triumph, or travel further to find another KTM Dealer :confused: :(

I'm near Southampton, so Crescent wasn't too bad, but Premier are at least an hour away - I think a few people on here rate them, right?

Premier are over an hour from me, but well worth travelling to. I wouldn’t deal with any other KTM dealer.

Thanks chaps - I think you may have rescued me from a 1250 GS :p

I'm not willing to travel far to a dealer.

I'll buy parts from Jersey and do the work myself in preference.

Speaking of buying from Jersey! Is there much benefit from doing so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premier still had a few 1290 SA-R discounted when I was there on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Probably because there's no market for 2nd hand large KTMs ...unless they sell them cheap.

Probably because there's no market for 2nd hand large KTMs ...unless they sell them cheap.

You might be onto something here. Unlike BMW, used KTM comes without warranty or breakdown cover unless it is the remainder of original two year warranty from new.
Buy used bmw and you’ll get two years breakdown cover and warranty with it.

I’ve been offered used 1290SAS for a reasonable money but there was only 4 months warranty remaining. What use is that to me, when next time I might do some serious riding will be mid/late March?

Some dealers sell used units for same money as they are currently offering new bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom