The Dent Event - The Ride Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brut33 and I are considering organising a walk out. It will start late Saturday morning leaving either the George and Dragon or the campsite depending on numbers.
We will then travel to the Sun Inn for early doors, then onto the G+D, back to the Sun, then on to the camp site to see what can be scrounged or stolen drink wise, if the weather is wet then those only with suitable off road footwear should commit to this stage. After a brief respite the route will be back to the Sun Inn, hopefully a short but not difficult off road section into the beer garden at the rear. After a lengthy refuel stop we shall continue to retrace the route to the G+D. Lunch can be taken at either venue with ample time for the greedy and needy to stuff themselves. It is hoped to eventually return to the campsite later in the afternoon/early evening.

:D

I think you've over done it with the walking this time Al.
But apart from that it's a good plan.:beerjug:

I just need to sort out some HiViz gear and nominate a tale end charlie. You can be road captain., but no 'drop off' system, I think the' fall over' one more appropriate. :)

I just need to sort out some HiViz gear and nominate a tale end charlie. You can be road captain., but no 'drop off' system, I think the' fall over' one more appropriate. :)

I like to be tail end charlie but I'm not doing the hi-viz bit.
I've got standards (at some level).

I know every legal unsurfaced off-road route in the Western Dales, but I am no off-road expert on a GS

Happy to lead a GS suitable route on the Sat only ........IF there is enough interest

There are a good number of stony hard surfaced high level routes than can be tackled on most GS with suitable dual purpose tyres

I won't be using my GS though - but would lead on my XR 400R at a reduced and suitable pace

Thanks JB. I’ll put you on the ride leaders list;)

Brut33 and I are considering organising a walk out. It will start late Saturday morning leaving either the George and Dragon or the campsite depending on numbers.
We will then travel to the Sun Inn for early doors, then onto the G+D, back to the Sun, then on to the camp site to see what can be scrounged or stolen drink wise, if the weather is wet then those only with suitable off road footwear should commit to this stage. After a brief respite the route will be back to the Sun Inn, hopefully a short but not difficult off road section into the beer garden at the rear. After a lengthy refuel stop we shall continue to retrace the route to the G+D. Lunch can be taken at either venue with ample time for the greedy and needy to stuff themselves. It is hoped to eventually return to the campsite later in the afternoon/early evening.

Good man, it was a highlight last year. Challenging but we coped.

Just dug these out from last year. Bring on the good weather again.:beerjug:

Attachments

• IMG_20180519_192342706.jpg
    IMG_20180519_192342706.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_20180520_092220705.jpg
    IMG_20180520_092220705.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 244
I like to be tail end charlie but I'm not doing the hi-viz bit.
I've got standards (at some level).

Didn't you perfect the ' fall over ' system in the Sun Inn a couple of years back :D

We will then travel to the Sun Inn for early doors, then onto the G+D, back to the Sun, then on to the camp site to see what can be scrounged or stolen drink wise, if the weather is wet then those only with suitable off road footwear should commit to this stage. After a brief respite the route will be back to the Sun Inn, hopefully a short but not difficult off road section into the beer garden at the rear. After a lengthy refuel stop we shall continue to retrace the route to the G+D. Lunch can be taken at either venue with ample time for the greedy and needy to stuff themselves. It is hoped to eventually return to the campsite later in the afternoon/early evening to sample some of Barneys' finest .

Fixed / adjusted :thumb

Might I remind you good folk that this is a motorcycling weekend .... not a piss up :rob

OK go on then :D

:beerjug:

Micky is insisting that he be carried around Dent in a Sedan chair by our walk out group.

Micky is insisting that he be carried around Dent in a Sedan chair by our walk out group.

Now there's an idea :rob

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Sb7_N6v_hpw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:beerjug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom