Trans European Trail section 1

My last ride out on Tuesday. 280ish kms and aching muscles for a couple of days afterwards.
2bf01e6a5fb258840324eaf0c299a788.jpg

6ca2592fdc712a8f98b0e3db0846e334.jpg

db88dfc7fb1c4cd2db28a43eaceaa5fd.jpg

00496f0774dcfaa5c7c3e37e6867243a.jpg

711315dcc5bc0a40ea0557895892a356.jpg

aaee3cca68e77d15a7ea90653d5143fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last ride out on Tuesday. 280ish kms and aching muscles for a couple of days afterwards.
2bf01e6a5fb258840324eaf0c299a788.jpg

I hope you took the little dry detour on the left of those branches. I did. :D

tet-wet.jpg

Was there 2 weekends ago.
I'm off to Spain (on the bike) at Easter, but looking to go back to do the same TET route, bringing along a couple of friends (we're all beginners offroad) the first/second weekend of May.

It was fun. Quite a few hours, aching back and muscles the day after.

tet-first.jpg

tet-muddy.jpg

I got stuck towards the end (after Loomies' section) in a muddy rut and had to walk alongside the bike for quite a while to get out and it killed me. :D
Couldn't do (small) part of the route because of fallen trees.
Also, not the best tyre choice.

I'm surprised you got as far as you did with those tyres fitted. I know the the area well where you took your photo's and it only gets better the further on you go. There are sections past these photo's that are amazing in comparison. Drop me a pm when you intend going again and i'll happily tag along, even if it is to help drag you out of the mud, but it should start drying out soon and will be easier going for bigger bikes.

I'm surprised you got as far as you did with those tyres fitted.

It was more ploughing along. :D There is more pics here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BvtbgmmB1PnDi8V5HXHU8Zf1OyjzA45bKuFq2U0/
There was a bit where I got very tired physically and got worried about not being able to push the bike out of the mud.

I managed to drop the bike against a wall when taking a photo at the end... the bike was on the sidestand with the engine running and it creeped forward :D :D :D
Next time I'll take the screen off at the start.

This was my planned route (section of TET) and you can see my actual track in black, I joined the M3 going back to London.
I messed up the first bit (kept going down the A3) and did some circles to get back on the proper route.

off_route.png

I have a spare front wheel for the GS... I'm considering if I should look for a rear one and keep a pair of slightly more suited tyres on them. But I don't go offroad that much and most of the budget is spent on the other motorbike and sticky tyres. :D

Drop me a pm when you intend going again and i'll happily tag along, even if it is to help drag you out of the mud

Will do. For sure after Easter.

I'd love to do the Plains too, but I don't want to be shoot at by a tank.

As it gets warmer and drier it will become more big bike friendly. The ground gets pretty firm.
Salisbury gets very dry and dusty in the summer but you do need to keep to the by-ways, I have a nice figure 8 route of the plain if you want it.

I'm back. Next week looks wet. Also I need some new tyres after Spain, might give TKC 70s a try.

Did some little bits of the TET route around Les down in Spain. Totally worth it:

56764756_615460982261313_1691351984878513921_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom