Dorgogne - Advice please

I would happily ride all day just to have the menu de jour at La Truite Doree, Vers https://www.latruitedoree.fr/?langue=en

Fish soup, home-made pate, nice roads, and just up the road from St-Cirq-Lapopie which is unfeasibly pretty.

It's a tad further south from the Dordogne but well worth it.

Thank you for that. Have bern searching for a comfortable bolt-hole with a fine restaurant in the area. La Truite Doree seems to fit the bill very nicely. Booked for 4 nights in June.

Building up a list of road numbers (fast, bumpy, smooth, etc) and villages at the moment. Get your trip booked then pm in spring. Should have more info by then.

As the fellow is not a site subscriber, he can’t PM you. Why not post them here for him (and others) to enjoy?

Im sure there are not enough of you here to spoil it for me. Check back in the new year!

What news?

Day route North East Dordogne

Sorry, been busy working on the house. Got lots of scribbles on the side of maps!!
This route has some fantastic curves, fast, smooth, some back roads, bumpy sections Also some fantastic villages and places to stop for a wander.

D47 towards Sarlat to Les Eyzies is superb, fast sweepers.

Hautefort is fabulous for a visit, very grand chateau and city walls. Loads of little cafes.
Sarlat la Caneda a medieval town, fantastic in the middle of town for bars and old buildings.
Les Eyzies de Tayac Sireul for pre historic rock dwellings, grotte caves etc. Pretty cool tbh

This route will probably be busy in the summer.

Will try and get some more soon.
Got some cracking roads in to Correze and East in to Parc de Volcan d'Auvergne. Need to spend some time linking them together and will get back here with them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 00.48.09.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 00.48.09.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 470
We stayed just outside a small town called Verteillac for 10 days and toured the area, including following a tourist trail linked to the castles of Richard the lion heart lovely countryside loads of lost in time little villages to stop off for a lunch in the square, some great roads through the Périgord Parc Naturel,

www.oradour.info preserved WW2 martyr village and visitor centre well worth a visit if you find yourself over to the east of the area near to Limoges.

Sarlat is also a lovely town to visit as is Brantome.

Bourdeilles, just up the road from Brantome, is very pretty indeed, and you can have a paddle in the river (Drone?) too.

Sorry, been busy working on the house. Got lots of scribbles on the side of maps!!
This route has some fantastic curves, fast, smooth, some back roads, bumpy sections Also some fantastic villages and places to stop for a wander.

D47 towards Sarlat to Les Eyzies is superb, fast sweepers.

Hautefort is fabulous for a visit, very grand chateau and city walls. Loads of little cafes.
Sarlat la Caneda a medieval town, fantastic in the middle of town for bars and old buildings.
Les Eyzies de Tayac Sireul for pre historic rock dwellings, grotte caves etc. Pretty cool tbh

This route will probably be busy in the summer.

Will try and get some more soon.
Got some cracking roads in to Correze and East in to Parc de Volcan d'Auvergne. Need to spend some time linking them together and will get back here with them.

I live at Hautefort and have done for 27 years - which probably makes me the worst tourist guide tothe area :D

Nobody seems to have asked the OP what he wants to do on his hols. If heshould need a restaurant guide look no further.

I live at Hautefort and have done for 27 years - which probably makes me the worst tourist guide tothe area :D

Nobody seems to have asked the OP what he wants to do on his hols. If heshould need a restaurant guide look no further.

It is indeed very nice around there, been all around that region over the years, mainly on 2 wheels

10minutes away from you then.

We are a biker B&B and trail riding centre on the Dordogne/Limousin border. A days ride from Calais if you’re hardcore or 2 leisurely days if not. A friendly welcome and cold beer guaranteed. ��
More info on our website.

PM Sent

Sarlat market is excellent and very busy. A ride to, and through, Volcanoes National Park (Parc naturel régional des Volcans d'Auvergne) is well worth it. Stunning views and relatively empty roads.

Volcanoes National Park (Parc naturel régional des Volcans d'Auvergne) is well worth it. Stunning views and relatively empty roads.

Got 1/2 day riding through here next month on my way to the Tarn Gorge / Cevennes / Alps, have a feeling I will just be adding another place I need to go back and spend more time at to my ever growing list.

So many nice places to ride to

Got 1/2 day riding through here next month on my way to the Tarn Gorge / Cevennes / Alps, have a feeling I will just be adding another place I need to go back and spend more time at to my ever growing list.

definitely - 3 nights in La Bourboule were not enough

D920 worth fitting in if possible.

Doc

have a look at the Riders Rest in Treigiac in Limoges. i've stayed there on multiple occasions and one of the best biker accommodations you'll find. Rob & Mandy are fantastic hosts and also have several pre-planned routes around Limousin & Dordogne available including one mentioned earlier in the thread to the Puy Mary which is a cracker.

Loz

Back
Top Bottom