New Multistrada 1260

I like the look of this.....but need to ride it first!

f1a22d8c5a91e245e21773d5c258a274.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re right, that’s the 1200, I meant this.....but would need a Termi!

5c016e9378671063d81ec5e9ecd4ec39.jpg

Touratech are doing a weekend in May where you can ride the multistrada off road if you can wait that long and some other bikes too

Well, I finally got out for a test ride on the new 1260 Enduro yesterday………..Wow what a bike!

I currently have a 2015 GSA without quick shifter and the difference is huge, the Multi feels just so much more agile and the quick shifter worked perfectly both up and down.

As has been said the low down fuelling is not good out of the box, but with the full Termi (how much) it’s apparently fine!
I love the way the bike felt and handled and after riding it went straight to my BMW dealer to try the 1250GSA which is also a great bike with the extra power and definitely more suitable for 2 up touring.

The Ducati for me has more character and is capable of making the hair on the back of your neck stand up, something I didn’t experience on the BMW.

So, for me, this time, I fancy a change. I never tour with a pillion these days so I’m gonna bite the bullet and order the Ducati!

953427f7db12f8d9277a01ee9c0125ec.jpg

fc7109a3c3067198a6edbeca660f8b5c.jpg

0e6225ca91a0eaa9425377f4a66fef6b.jpg

Nice one. :thumb

How long will you keep it for, as, upon reflection, the Multi probably makes sense if you’re going to keep it for more than 4 years?

Nice one. :thumb

How long will you keep it for, as, upon reflection, the Multi probably makes sense if you’re going to keep it for more than 4 years?

I'll be keeping it for 4 years, it will be leased to my company so I write the book value down over duration of the lease period. I will be getting the extra 2 years warranty thrown in with the deal so won't be owning it out of warranty!
You're right and I realise the depreciation will be steeper than on the BMW GSA I am about to sell, but I try and justify it to myself by saying it's a business expense and not coming directly out of my own pockets!

I'll be keeping it for 4 years, it will be leased to my company so I write the book value down over duration of the lease period. I will be getting the extra 2 years warranty thrown in with the deal so won't be owning it out of warranty!
You're right and I realise the depreciation will be steeper than on the BMW GSA I am about to sell, but I try and justify it to myself by saying it's a business expense and not coming directly out of my own pockets!

If I kept bikes longer, I’d get one, but the depreciation over 2 years is eye watering. Buying through the company could be a good option one day.

If I kept bikes longer, I’d get one, but the depreciation over 2 years is eye watering. Buying through the company could be a good option one day.

We are really lucky in Belgium, we have extremely lenient fiscal rules for bikes. 100% tax deductible and VAT can be reclaimed on the bike, accessories and clothing without being automatically liable for benefit-in-kind taxation. If you get a tax inspection you need to be able to justify why the company needs a motorbike, but with the ever increasing traffic jams that's really not a problem.

Health to enjoy, love the look of the sand 1260 Enduro, and interested that you find the screen OK without turbulence. I'm gonna have to have a go one one :) .

RBW.

Thanks gents,
Dealer says Ducati have stock in Belgium so hopefully I shouldn't have to wait too long;)
I'll post more info and pics once I've got the bike.

Hi B.B. How did you get on with the height ? Did you require the low seat or get on fine with the standard seat ?

Fantastic looking bike !

Alex

TBH I was a bit worried about it being too high, I'm a 31" inseam. The bike I rode had a standard seat and I think if you were to choose the low seat there would be less padding and so not as comfy. Standard seat felt good for me.
In the default height settings in the different modes it was fine, could get the balls of both feet down and felt ok. During the test ride I felt very confident when stopping, right foot flat on the floor so no issues.
What's really neat about this bike though is that you can customise all the settings in the different modes, so for example, you can decide in dynamic mode how much abs, tc and wheelie control you want, but you can also dial in the suspension setting so could always choose lower if necessary.
It's a brilliant bike, if it floats your boat I would highly recommend taking one out for a couple of hours:thumby:

Back
Top Bottom