F750/850GS Specific aftermarket windscreens

Got it done eventually, slipped a cord behind the plastic plugs and yanked them free...and then yes it becomes obvious. Shame it was midnight when i finished off, would have like a test ride...something to look forward to.

Folks quick overview of my screen wars with the new F850GS. Tried the Powerbronze screen and this was better but purchased a Givi Aeroflow screen for more protection and have done around 400 miles with this screen so far.
I am 6ft tall and to date all I can say is this screen is a nightmare for me, despite positioning it in all locations it creates a very uncomfortable vortex of air at the top of the helmet and is as noisy as F&%K. I have yet to try it but I think the vortex is eliminated if you put something between the screen and the sliding aeroflow section. I will try and report back. I am so tempted to go back to the standard screen, at least there was no buffeting but protection was minimal.

Interested to hear how you get on with the MRA screen, always had good results on other bikes.

Folks quick overview of my screen wars with the new F850GS. Tried the Powerbronze screen and this was better but purchased a Givi Aeroflow screen for more protection and have done around 400 miles with this screen so far.
I am 6ft tall and to date all I can say is this screen is a nightmare for me, despite positioning it in all locations it creates a very uncomfortable vortex of air at the top of the helmet and is as noisy as F&%K. I have yet to try it but I think the vortex is eliminated if you put something between the screen and the sliding aeroflow section. I will try and report back. I am so tempted to go back to the standard screen, at least there was no buffeting but protection was minimal.

Interested to hear how you get on with the MRA screen, always had good results on other bikes.

Correct. The screen mount needs a spacer to lift the screen away from the cockpit and allow air flow equally at the back and front of the screen. The air is hitting the AF5127 and causing turbulent air. It sounds like you are being slapped on the head! This is due to the different air pressures combining. You need to equalise the air pressure both sides.

A couple of photos. The screwdriver is resting on one of the spacers I use which are door stops from a local DIY store. The second picture shows four spacers that are going to be fitted. They are slightly larger and will give a bigger gap.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZqLJNSfKpvNdzirHA

Thanks for the feedback - which probably saves me from trying the Givi Aeroflow. I'm also 6ft, so I doubt it's worth trying. As for the MRA, it's fine in most situations, although I still get a buffeting on the top of my helmet at fast motorway speed. I'm still fiddling with the spoiler - and of course, the wind conditions vary from day to day, so it's not easy to get a conclusive opinion. My feeling is, I'd like the screen to be an inch taller, but let's see.

I just added the WRS screen yesterday. As I am short this should absolutely work for me.

57a9cc825b89148b278f39cb8280760b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just added the WRS screen yesterday. As I am short this should absolutely work for me.

57a9cc825b89148b278f39cb8280760b.jpg

The screen looks the right height for you - allowing you to see over the top of it, and still giving good protection. The bike looks good in yellow too.

The screen looks the right height for you - allowing you to see over the top of it, and still giving good protection. The bike looks good in yellow too.

Thanks @RichardD. I’m 5’3 so it’s a good night for me. Need to see it’s so much more pleasant riding with the new shield.

I ordered the Touring screen and it looks like Dana has the larger Caponard screen.

I'm also much happier with the WRS replacement, it clearly takes the windblast away from the body and head and makes it a much more civilised ride. Approaching 70mph there is an increase in windrush and noise around the screen. However that doesn't cause me any issues as I have little interest in exceeded 70 and most of my riding is on back roads and I avoid the motorway speed commutes wherever possible. As has been said before my helmet has also stayed considerably cleaner and with the reduced wind i'm finding my speed creeps up to the limits much quicker.

All in, delighted.

I have just completed a 100 mile round trip today in various degrees of wind, rain and drizzle on a mix of A and B roads and dual carriageways. I found the larger F850GS screen that I fitted to my F750GS to be quite effective at keeping the rain and wind off of my helmet at speeds up to 75mph so am pleased with that result as I think the smaller screen looks a bit better and will hopefully allow better airflow in hot weather. Obviously that is just my view and I am a shorter rider anyway.

Its been so helpful to read all these different opinions, thanks everyone for sharing you r experiences.

I chose to go with the MRA screen with Vario spoiler on my 850 and after a 150 mile round trip in proper Scottish weather, it was a massive improvement on the stock 850 screen.

If anyone is interested I got mine from here. https://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/BM...RA_Adjustable_Motorcycle_Touring_Screens.html

The company were super helpful and delivered quickly.

I've tried various screens on the 850 and have come to the conclusion that none of them really do the job completely. Some of the larger screens do keep the wind of you a treat but the bigger the screen the more buffeting I'm getting and the noise drives you insane after a hundred miles or so plus there is a stability issue when encountering cross winds at speed and anyway the 850 is an adventure bike not a tourer so I don't want to put a huge touring screen on a bike of that kind.

I believe the screen on the 850 is too near the vertical and rather than deflecting the wind away from you it's seems to be trying to block it and that is never going to work so I'm going to try the adjustable Madstrad brackets to see if sloping the screen will smooth out the airflow and make the ride more comfortable.

I've tried various screens on the 850 and have come to the conclusion that none of them really do the job completely. Some of the larger screens do keep the wind of you a treat but the bigger the screen the more buffeting I'm getting and the noise drives you insane after a hundred miles or so plus there is a stability issue when encountering cross winds at speed and anyway the 850 is an adventure bike not a tourer so I don't want to put a huge touring screen on a bike of that kind.

I believe the screen on the 850 is too near the vertical and rather than deflecting the wind away from you it's seems to be trying to block it and that is never going to work so I'm going to try the adjustable Madstrad brackets to see if sloping the screen will smooth out the airflow and make the ride more comfortable.

I agree that the Madstad bracket is probably a good solution, and I’m very interested to hear your feedback once you have tried it.

Harry, I went to a F700GS, did the Bordeaux run on it again with Andy & Co last year and it was ideal. Happy to have a yarn any time, I'm usually in Bangor once a week :thumb2

I agree that the Madstad bracket is probably a good solution, and I’m very interested to hear your feedback once you have tried it.

Madstad make excellent products but you still need to match to a screen or take their complete solution which is HUGE and expensive. it is easy to slope the screen more towards you using spacers behind the (850) screen mount.

Back
Top Bottom