F750/850GS Specific aftermarket windscreens

Thanks Matty

So you’re saying that you are running an MRA ‘spoiler’ on the standard gs850 screen and not getting buffetting?

Is that right?, how tall are you by the way?

Steve

I took a look at the MRA site, found a range of 5 add on spoilers.

Matty, could you let me know which one worked for you please?

Steve

I’m using the sport x-screen (the smaller one). It just fits on the stock screen. It’s the least buffeting I’ve had. For the F750 I’ll probably get the Madstad screen mount even though it’s an outrageous £180 as it has winglets and allows tile and height adjustment as the buffeting and vibration from the MRA screen, even with a spoiler, above 50mph is unbearable. I’m 5ft 11ins and it’s only noise free if I crouch right behind the screen. I love riding both bikes but someone got the wind tunnel testing wrong during development!

Hi Steve. Sorry for the long delay replying but I don't use this bit of the site much as I have now swapped to a 1250GS. I just fitted the WRS screen to the standard 850 screen fixings, no additional parts, and for me it was pretty much perfect over some 5000 miles before I sold the bike on.

So.... today i finally bought the f850gs !

Found a used 2018 bike with all the options that I wanted for an acceptable price.

I’m thinking of buying a larger screen and experimenting with spacers as suggested.

As i’m short at 5’7” i think a medium size screen should suffice, but i may experiment with cutting sown a ‘large’ an inch at a time.....

Steve

I am glad my spacer mods are working for folk. I should have manufactured some and sold a kit - which is just how Madstad started out with the original V Strom. If I had a 850 now, I would probably go for the tall WRS and angle it back for the optimum solution.

For those that are putting in spacers behind their screens are you tapering them top and bottom to get more angle? Are you actually putting in a smaller spacers at the top to get a sharper less upright angle on the screen? At what speed do you feel the turbulence that this change in airflow is addressing? Thanks

Yes, less upright angle. Not on the screen but behind the screen mount. You might crack the screen if you add them between the screen and the mount. Try some thing like 10mm bottom two bolts and 5mm for the top to start with. I actually posted some pictures earlier in this thread.

Fitted a GIVI Airflow to my F750GS today. Big improvement to the OE comedy plastic thing which BM laughingly refer to as a 'screen'.

Had a quick blast to try it (need to buy essential supplies like bread & milk, officer) and it works quite well - still a bit of buffeting but will try to find the sweet spot on the slidey thing and if that fails, will experiment with spacers :thumb2

After a couple of thousand miles riding the coombination of WRS Caponard screen on a Madstad bracket works for me.

Mostly its perfect but there is a little buffeting at motorway speed.

Steve

I have an 850GS with a Givi Airflow with the screen mount spaced out 18mm at the bottom, 13mm at the top, and with the screen slid to it’s lower point, it works well for me @ 1800 tall, perfectly calm with visor up at up to 80km/h, no real turbulence or noise at 100kmh, direction of side wind dependant of course,

Phil

Hi Stonehenge,

I have managed to find the Airflow screen, can you give me details to find the 850 mount please?

My 750 was delivered to me today, a secondhand model with a Givi screen on which seems to hit me straight in the helmet. Need to test it further having only ridden the 15 miles from work. Heard good things about the Airflow on V-Stroms.

Thanks.

Ordered the Givi Airflow and fitting kit for 750GS along with bolts and nylon spacers, thanks for advice.:thumb2

Tam

What 850 screen is this?

Can anyone tell me the make and model of the screen in this photo?
Thanks

Attachments

• B354228F-075B-41AC-BDAC-CBD18C0B2459.jpg
    B354228F-075B-41AC-BDAC-CBD18C0B2459.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 633
Ordered the Givi Airflow and fitting kit for 750GS along with bolts and nylon spacers, thanks for advice.:thumb2

Tam

The givi fitting kit comes with spacers, so now not sure if I need more. All fitted, so will test and add more if required.

How did you mount that GPS? I have the same and i am struggling to find a solution... How do you attach it to the small bar of the bracket? Care to share photos? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom