We are based just 30 minutes from Malaga airport in the heart of one of the best adventure riding areas in the world. With Morocco and Portugal on our doorstep many forms of riding holiday can be arranged

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me a map Northern Spain and North Portugal

Pestie to the Nobility Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Recommend me a map Northern Spain and North Portugal

As per title, looking for map(s) with reasonable detail for northern Spain and northern Portugal, hopefully something akin to Michelin French maps around 3 Miles to the inch.......or equivalent in metric.

Cheers

www.severnvalleymole.co.uk

Monogamy leaves a lot to be desired !!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    No one nods at me cos they think I'm a Cnut

Bear is never right

Norfolk Tiger can fuck off

Mapamax used to be my favourite, not sure what they are like today, however see below.

https://www.amazon.es/Mapamax-2018-M.../dp/8491580875

Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    Thanks for that, just hoping I can get a slightly larger scale map of the north only. 6 Miles to the inch is a tad small.

Instead of, or in addition to regular paper mapping you can choose your desired scale/detail from this site and print screenshots of your areas of interest http://sigpac.mapa.es/fega/visor/#

If you use an iPad/iPhone the Pocket Earth app will download the scalable maps in advance for offline use (and also do all the navigation stuff)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Go to the Stanfords' site and select maps at leisure.

Got a link mate?

Natch, mate: http://www.stanfords.co.uk/

Much obliged chaps...thanks.

Dick
    Get over to the map shop in Upton.
    He has a superb range of maps in stock. When we had a place in Spain,he had detailed local maps that we couldn't get in Spain.

As Wapping says, these guys are the easy option ............... http://www.stanfords.co.uk/Spain-Mic...aps_SI00000325

Personally, I still use the older Mich maps for Iberia. These are the same 1:400.000 scale & available 2nd hand still, but you need a more utd general map(734) to pick up new motorways etc. The North section is covered in 441 NW Spain & Portugal (south as far as Coimbra), 442 Northern Spain stretches down to Madrid/Cuenca & 443 North-East Spain, down to Valencia.

Quote Originally Posted by squibb34 View Post
    As Wapping says, these guys are the easy option ............... http://www.stanfords.co.uk/Spain-Mic...aps_SI00000325

Personally, I still use the older Mich maps for Iberia. These are the same 1:400.000 scale & available 2nd hand still, but you need a more utd general map(734) to pick up new motorways etc. The North section is covered in 441 NW Spain & Portugal (south as far as Coimbra), 442 Northern Spain stretches down to Madrid/Cuenca & 443 North-East Spain, down to Valencia.
    I used a combination of new & used Michelin maps. They do some larger scale maps in 1:150000 but I found the 1:400000 in the link above okay on my trip a few months ago

Here's an example of the larger scale map https://travel.michelin.co.uk/asturi...-zoom-map-142/ - see bottom of page for other regions

I got a pack of the 1:150000 maps from this site, some of the orange maps used from Ebay and filled gaps with new items from wherever cheapest at the time.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I use these digital maps to sort out trails in Spain and they really are shit hot.

LINKY

Open up the MAGNA 50 to start with. Zoomable in the extreme and the 'layers' symbol in the top r/h corner gives you different topo views, satellite views, etc etc

There's a lot on the site and it's not immediately user friendly but rewards thirty minutes of playing around.

Andres
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    One of the five imbeciles of the vainglorious big swinging dick types of the Harley section

I have found the Michelin Zoom Maps to be very good
    http://www.stanfords.co.uk/Spain-Mic...aps_SI00000734

Michelin Zoom maps are superb - one example:- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Costa-Galic...oom+maps+spain

You need possibly 3 maps for NW Spain and a Michelin map of North Portugal.

Cheers..............Grizzly

Quote Originally Posted by dicktheleg View Post
    Thanks for that, just hoping I can get a slightly larger scale map of the north only. 6 Miles to the inch is a tad small.
    Michelin Zoom series are fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_100 View Post
    Michelin Zoom series are fantastic!
    Same opinion here

Quote Originally Posted by Milifte95 View Post
    Same opinion here

Looking at Maps Man's catalogue, I'm not sure they do one for Portugal?

NB you'll need these maos in advance, not often on the bookshelves in rural Spain

Simon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast