This Winter's G650X Project

I'm glad you can remember where it all goes! Which bits will you put together first?

On the steering head bearing, is that Yamaha outboard grease you've used? I don't know of another blue grease, but it is good and saltwater proof. I have seen 20 year old outboards have the trunnion done for the first time and the grease is still blue and no corrossion under it. :thumby:

I'm glad you can remember where it all goes! Which bits will you put together first?

On the steering head bearing, is that Yamaha outboard grease you've used? I don't know of another blue grease, but it is good and saltwater proof. I have seen 20 year old outboards have the trunnion done for the first time and the grease is still blue and no corrossion under it. :thumby:

Hi Simon

Everything is bagged and tagged so I can re-assemble it

I will then assemble the frame and steering head and then get the engine into the frame

Once the engine is in the frame I will fit the swinging arm and then mount the assembly on an engine stand and paddock stand and take it from there

The grease I use is ACF50 Corrosion Block waterproof grease :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corrosio...h=item2847de0ef3:g:obIAAOSwmfhX4rB6:rk:2:pf:0

Hi Simon

Everything is bagged and tagged so I can re-assemble it

I will then assemble the frame and steering head and then get the engine into the frame

Once the engine is in the frame I will fit the swinging arm and then mount the assembly on an engine stand and paddock stand and take it from there

The grease I use is ACF50 Corrosion Block waterproof grease :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corrosio...h=item2847de0ef3:g:obIAAOSwmfhX4rB6:rk:2:pf:0

I know the Corrossion Block - I use it too. I have a feeling Yamalube grease is the same stuff. It smells the same!

A bit more progress....

2jdryf8.jpg

2d2f142.jpg

21catj9.jpg

6nsbkj.jpg

2q3atqg.jpg

Gear lever , foot brake lever , foot pegs , foot peg lowering brackets , front frame section , side stand and crash bars all fitted

Wiring loom back on next then rear frame section

spbwcy.jpg

2ecnczr.jpg

116jr11.jpg

Blooming heck, you don't hang about. This isn't a winter project, it'll be finished before boxing day.

I wish I had the time, the patience, and, most importantly, the skills to do that to my XCountry.

Blooming heck, you don't hang about. This isn't a winter project, it'll be finished before boxing day.

If I had all the parts it may well have been , as it is I have to wait until the end of January to get my panels back from the painters and it will be around that time before I get the seat back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A little more progress today , wiring harness re-attached , throttle body back on , rear frame and fuel tank all fitted and a few other odds and sods

1252ntt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom