1992 GSPD What to do with it ....

Steptoe

What a waste.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've owned a 1992 R80GSPD (a rare bike) for 5 years.

30k miles, slight damage to upper fairing crashbars (i've got the parts needed), once owned by the Earl of Liverpool :D

I've never run the engine since the day i bought it. It's just stood in the garage ever since.

Shall i restore it ( bare in mind i do get fed up very quickly when doing this type of work) or sell it as is.. decisions decisions.. :nenau

I've owned a 1992 R80GSPD (a rare bike) for 5 years.

30k miles, slight damage to upper fairing crashbars (i've got the parts needed), once owned by the Earl of Liverpool :D

I've never run the engine since the day i bought it. It's just stood in the garage ever since.

Shall i restore it ( bare in mind i do get fed up very quickly when doing this type of work) or sell it as is.. decisions decisions.. :nenau

Get Mikey to do it for you -he enjoys it!:D

Show us some pics mister:D
I suppose it depends on the level of resto needed,
If it needs absolutely every thing doing ,there won’t be much reward for the hours you may have to put into it,especially if the time is at the expense of more lucrative service and repair work.

Take the weight off your mind Steptoe. Give it to me and let me worry about what to do with it ;)

Post a pic and see what offers you get and then you will be able to weigh up where to go.

You have not let it get in your way for the last five years - why start now?
Leave it there a part of your "pension portfolio" and see its value grow without any work on your part.

Leave it there till your in the mood to get stuck in. If you get fed up half way trough you can always send out everything for whatever each component needs and just do it as a rebuild. If it’s to keep. If it’s to sell just work out what level you want to bring it to so you can get the best price for it without spending too much on it. Are you doing it with your hart or cheque book? JJH

Back
Top Bottom