Something to do in January

Tempting Johnny! Norway is a bit far for the old GS though. Plus, my subs for the silly buggers club need renewing! Have fun! :D

I can’t see a valid reason amongst that lot and it’s Denmark, not Norway so nothing like as far :D

Now if you’d said it was a shit ride down from your place in January I could have understood your reasoning.

I can’t see a valid reason amongst that lot and it’s Denmark, not Norway so nothing like as far :D

Now if you’d said it was a shit ride down from your place in January I could have understood your reasoning.

Ok. I didn't read the info. Mea culpa. Seeing as the ferry is from Harwich, I'll give it a miss. Enjoy and.post them pics! :D

I'll look at ferry crossings this evening. I'm tempted to tag along for a bit of fun!

I'll look at ferry crossings this evening. I'm tempted to tag along for a bit of fun!

Let me know if you decide to go then you can join us on the way there and back or simply meet us there.

All booked chaps. Wed night ferry and return Monday afternoon! Be a nice change from sitting in the bloody office reading about others doing it!

We’ll either see you on the ferry or you can send me a pm with your email address then I’ll get my wife to add you to the winter rally mailing list where we abuse all newcomers but also try to get things sorted so we all know what’s happening and when. She’s going to add johnnyboy sometime soon so another one won’t hurt her :D

It’s rapidly approaching the point where we either opt for the scatter gun approach and sort out random hotels en route or try to tie things together so we can all be at the same destinations each night even if we just do our own thing getting there. I think there could be up to 7 or 8 going which increases the odds of something happening to somebody so at least exchanging phone numbers isn’t a bad idea.

It’ll be a laugh and as I’ve said previously, it’s a very friendly meeting where you’ll be made more than welcome with the only self imposed rule being that we don’t steal the longest distance award from one of the regular attendees who might have been going for years.

We’ll either see you on the ferry or you can send me a pm with your email address then I’ll get my wife to add you to the winter rally mailing list where we abuse all newcomers but also try to get things sorted so we all know what’s happening and when. She’s going to add johnnyboy sometime soon so another one won’t hurt her :D

It’s rapidly approaching the point where we either opt for the scatter gun approach and sort out random hotels en route or try to tie things together so we can all be at the same destinations each night even if we just do our own thing getting there. I think there could be up to 7 or 8 going which increases the odds of something happening to somebody so at least exchanging phone numbers isn’t a bad idea.

It’ll be a laugh and as I’ve said previously, it’s a very friendly meeting where you’ll be made more than welcome with the only self imposed rule being that we don’t steal the longest distance award from one of the regular attendees who might have been going for years.

What! There's a longest distance award? NOW you tell me! :D

I think that the two who naively expressed an interest in coming along for the laughs should have received emails from the mailing list my social secretary runs for idiots wanting to go on winter rallies so it’s onwards and upwards.

Anyone else fancy coming along for a nice little winter jolly and a few beers along the way?

Well we’ve gone all grown up on it and because there are now 6 going we’ve booked hotels in advance! I’m sure the sky will turn green and the grass blue after this but it needed doing and it was probably a good idea.

If we get any late interest (highly unlikely but...) drop me a pm amd I’ll supply ferry and hotel details so you don’t have to be Billy no mates.

I’m sure there’ll be photos and tales of bravery far beyond the call of duty so be prepared to laugh when they start to appear :D

Ferry is fecked for the Wednesday night crossing apparently. It's in dry dock having repairs done to it and they won't be completed be wed night. Stenna are calling everyone with options (day crossings) or refund.

Ferry is fecked for the Wednesday night crossing apparently. It's in dry dock having repairs done to it and they won't be completed be wed night. Stenna are calling everyone with options (day crossings) or refund.

These things are just put there to make the trip more exciting :D

You’ll know from the varying emails flying about this afternoon that the decision making process when 6 people are involved will be very long and complicated but we’ll get there in the end and it’ll be something to complain about when we all get to the hotel on Thursday evening :thumb2

Ferry dramas over, Micky has very kindly sorted 3 of us a very good rate to use the Hull - Rotterdam ferry and the others 3 are using the tunnel on Wednesday so they’ll all be drinking beers somewhere in Germany while we throw a few down our necks on the ferry.

The weather forecast looks good, a bit of rain but certainly not cold so hopefully no repeat of the rain, sleet and snow we endured for the first 400 miles last year. I’m sure someone will take a few photos which will eventually be posted on here.

That’s it, bikes packed and loaded. The three using the tunnel should be under water right now and the more intelligent trio will chill out while drinking beer on the ferry tonight :beerjug:

It’s still looking like being a relatively warm and dry ride north but I’m taking the GS rather than the Husqvarna because of the extra gear needed when camping in winter and for some reason I’ve been conned into taking the tent. This wouldn’t normally be a big deal but it’s a heavy old cotton Vango Force 10 and would have the lighter bike pointing skywards all the way there :blast

Stand by for further updates over the next 5 days :D

That’s it, bikes packed and loaded. The three using the tunnel should be under water right now and the more intelligent trio will chill out while drinking beer on the ferry tonight :beerjug:

It’s still looking like being a relatively warm and dry ride north but I’m taking the GS rather than the Husqvarna because of the extra gear needed when camping in winter and for some reason I’ve been conned into taking the tent. This wouldn’t normally be a big deal but it’s a heavy old cotton Vango Force 10 and would have the lighter bike pointing skywards all the way there :blast

Stand by for further updates over the next 5 days :D

Don't drink too much, it's a bit choppy . The more intelligent go under the sea when it's blowin' a hooley

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Well we all got there, we all stayed to the end and we all got home late last night.

Reports will follow at some point but I think everyone enjoyed it.

Back
Top Bottom