Bike transport recommendation

steveC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a transport company to move a bike from Darlington to Sunderland.

I have for the first time ever tried Shiply.com and got various quotes (17 in total) ranging from £60 to £430.

Its 36 mile in total.

Thanks Steve

Triumph Bonneville T100. Last of the air-cooled models. Not purchased yet. I want to factor in transport to my buying costs.

I know its only 36 miles but I don't want to tax it. Plus my insurance won't cover it and its never had salt on it.

I used Lee costello to move one of mine, top bloke well reccomended
think these are his numbers but I cant find his card
Mobile: 07811 353090
Office: 01909 470738
Email: info@leecostellotransport.co.uk

Hi All, some very good recommendations there.

As for hiring a van and doing it myself. Yes it would be cheaper. But I don't have any ramps, tie down straps and experience.

I would rather pay someone to transport it and have it on my drive.

+2 can’t fault his service,Milton Keynes to Ayrshire no problems next day delivery !

:thumb

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171126-200208.jpg
    Screenshot_20171126-200208.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 766
I’ll second that . Used john many times over the years without a single problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36 miles !
Talk to your local bike shop / garage, they are likely to have a van running around locally collecting customers bikes for repairs etc and they might even be going to the right part of the country for your needs, failing that they will usually charge a rate / mile so maybe worth a call.

Looking for transportation of a 1200GS from Basingstoke area to North Wales.
Can anyone recommend a decent firm from recent experience please?

Back
Top Bottom