1150GSA - headlights - LED, HID, What's the latest?

Well that was easy...

So, I snipped off the stock bullet connectors from the end of the headlight power cables, replacing with waterproof quick connectors, then did the same for the LED's wiring, passed the wires through slits in the rubber dust caps and cable-tied everything up.

LED lights, done.

IMG_7122.jpg

IMG_7123.jpg

IMG_7124.jpg

IMG_7125.jpg

IMG_7126.jpg

Where does the heat go that the fan is trying to keep down?

There is no fan.

It’s a static heat sink.

There’s room around it in the dust cover and time will tell how hot it actually gets. I’m guessing not very and since most headlight LEDs will live in enclosed headligh housings, I can’t really see it being an issue... but I’ll keep an eye on it.

Well more than a year down the road I might as well give an update....

I’m still using the original units, they’ve done about 5k miles and still work as well as the day they were fitted and I think that for the small amount of cash and a couple of hours messing about it was worth the effort.

Where they work really well is on unlit country roads where a good spread on dip is worth as much as a decent high beam if you don’t know the roads so you’re keeping the speed down a bit. I don’t think that on unlit dual carriageway at 70mph plus they’re World beaters but they’re more than adequate so I’m not changing them.

Hi Gabriel what model bulbs were they . The link is not available now . Cheers

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Ta very much . Thanks for that ,

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

not currently available, think ill have to keep an eye out for some of these. Thanks for taking the time to compile and keep updated, much appreciated.

not currently available, think ill have to keep an eye out for some of these. Thanks for taking the time to compile and keep updated, much appreciated.

I put these on mine, easy job and much better than the standard nights.

I put these on mine, easy job and much better than the standard nights.

Hi Hops, the link shows 6500K, just wondering if in the real world these appear bluish or neutral white... just wondering as I'm looking to replace my HID's that keep on packing up...

Many thanks.

Hi Hops, the link shows 6500K, just wondering if in the real world these appear bluish or neutral white... just wondering as I'm looking to replace my HID's that keep on packing up...

Many thanks.

Can’t say I really noticed, I suppose they have a slight blueish tinge, not unlike modern car headlights. The pics at post #81 are a good representation of the hue.

Thanks, I'll get some ordered... HID's are great when they work but I don't trust them as they sometimes don't come on... and standard bulbs are Lucas Prince of Darkness era...

Back
Top Bottom