Is the Rocket III about to make a return ?

looks like a ducati Diavel on steroids

Surely not. Best left for the history books IMHO, with apologies to those who love them.

A mate of mine lusted after one for years, having been brught up on a diet of Goldwings, Z1000 & various retros. After a couple of seasons, when the beast has hardly been ridden, he has now announced that a new Z900 is on order - far more sensible. He didn't like the new Suzuki Katana re-interpretation as the seating & rear end are a bit strange.

Oh, yes please.. the grin factor on the Rocket has no equal.

I guy local to me owns this

Triumph-LIVE-18th-September-2010-060.jpg

And his nephew owned this

Triumph-LIVE-18th-September-2010-061.jpg

Both fitted with Superchargers :eek:

OK until you come to a corner, looking at that wheelbase - should be good for the US though. Now, that's where the Diavel layout works best.

I have a 2016 Roadster now and the road positioning and hazard perception has to be different to factor in the turning circle.

Haven’t tried the Diavel yet, maybe i can make a little space in the garage :)

OK until you come to a corner, looking at that wheelbase - should be good for the US though. Now, that's where the Diavel layout works best.

I had a Rocket III when they first came out back in 2004. It is true that they certainly require some muscling around when it comes to the twisties but in fairness it is nothing that can't be overcome ;)

I had a Rocket III when they first came out back in 2004. It is true that they certainly require some muscling around when it comes to the twisties but in fairness it is nothing that can't be overcome ;)

I had a 2004 with TOR pipes. Sold it when I had to work away for a while. Huge regret. Bought the 2016 and now can’t get the accessories. What are the odds the new bikes spares will fit ?!

rocket 111

had one shit handling/gearbox,say no more.
still got loads of accessories left if anyone's interested,torrs/bypass pipe inc.racks.screens,etc.
pm me .:thumb

Is the Rocket III about to make a return ?

I've just spoken to my local dealer who confirmed the bike will be built but that it will be a 2020 bike not a 2019 as printed in MCN and they're not taking deposits at present :cool:

Back
Top Bottom