Xcountry wiring diagram

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Instead of resurecting the old thread I thought I would ask if there is a wiring diagram available please.

From Andy (friend trying to rebuild his) Tucked up somewhere under the rear fuse box there is an empty plug with a grey/red (possibly white/red) and yellow/red wires going into it but nothing attached. Anyone know what it is for? Can it be used for a relay feed please? Thinking of putting 30A relay on it to run heated grips/jacket and sat nav.

It’s for the US market for the Carbon canister for emissions and I don’t think you can use it unless someone knows otherwise . Best feed is from the rear light circuit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s for the US market for the Carbon canister for emissions and I don’t think you can use it unless someone knows otherwise . Best feed is from the rear light circuit

Thanks for that. He doesn't want to cut into the loom for the rear light - so was looking for an alternative circuit to use. Why do you think it can't be? Is one wire for a signal?

He could just use a “fuse tap” off a fuse that is on an ignition switched circuit then there is no need to cut into any wiring

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/351975388969

That is an option - but as an RAF weapons and electricals technician, he likes to do things 'right'. All the junctions on the bike wiring loom, in his words, are crap, cheap and not done properly. He would double insulate everything he does.... he has just bought a motorcycle shop and workshop too, he won't make any money out of it because he is far too meticulous about every job - he will take too long and not charge enough!

Is there a wiring diagram on the CD thing that is supposed to be a workshop manual? I have one (two possibly) but I have never looked at it...I need to buy something to play it on!

There is no wiring diagram in the workshop manual , it is a separate DVD . I have pulled off the G650 Xcountry diagrams (the DVD has all bike models on it) and if you PM me your email address I will send them to you

I use a Posi-tap on the rear light. It makes such a tiny hole in any wire that you would be hard pressed to know it had been attached if you remove it.

There is no wiring diagram in the workshop manual , it is a separate DVD . I have pulled off the G650 Xcountry diagrams (the DVD has all bike models on it) and if you PM me your email address I will send them to you

Thanks John - emails downloaded and given on a memory stick. Up to Andy now!

Hi ! I have a wiring issue, does someone still have the wiring diagrams available for a 2007 XCountry ?

Thanks a lot !

Hi ! I have a wiring issue, does someone still have the wiring diagrams available for a 2007 XCountry ?

Thanks a lot !

PM me your email and I’ll send them to you

That is an option - but as an RAF weapons and electricals technician, he likes to do things 'right'. All the junctions on the bike wiring loom, in his words, are crap, cheap and not done properly. He would double insulate everything he does.... he has just bought a motorcycle shop and workshop too, he won't make any money out of it because he is far too meticulous about every job - he will take too long and not charge enough!

Is there a wiring diagram on the CD thing that is supposed to be a workshop manual? I have one (two possibly) but I have never looked at it...I need to buy something to play it on!

He is sooooo right about the loom, every unexpected breakdown I’ve had so far as been electrical. If I ever bring it back to UK the first thing I’ll do is have it rewired, TWS would be my choice auto electrical workshop. I think he has an understanding of adventure travel and the stress it puts on weak components. Only then will it become a real Adventure bike. I say this not to slag off XC’s but to inform future travellers of the bikes greatest weakness of what is otherwise the best travel bike BMW have produced in the last 20 years, imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He is sooooo right about the loom, every unexpected breakdown I’ve had so far as been electrical. If I ever bring it back to UK the first thing I’ll do is have it rewired, TWS would be my choice auto electrical workshop. I think he has an understanding of adventure travel and the stress it puts on weak components. Only then will it become a real Adventure bike. I say this not to slag off XC’s but to inform future travellers of the bikes greatest weakness of what is otherwise the best travel bike BMW have produced in the last 20 years, imho.

I agree - on all three of the G650X's that I have rebuilt I have fully stripped the wiring harness repaired numerous connectors and then fully wrapped it in loom tape with dielectric grease on all of the connectors . Its not a specific G650X issue its something that hits any bike that is either used off road or for adventure type travel and preventive maintenance and preparation is the only real fix in my opinion

I think you’re right, I’m fettling a 530 EXC for a trans-African (west to east) trip I have planned once this virus is defeated. I’m looking at the wiring in particular as by and large these issues don’t show themselves until 2 minutes before the bike stops, normally in the most inconvenient scary place, ask me how I know?

Hi

Looks like I'm too new to send a PM

It's not a matter of being too new. You need to be a Subscriber to the forum to have access to the PM system.

It'll cost you £12.00 a year which currently is just under $15.00 US. It might just be the best 15 bucks you've ever spent.

Back
Top Bottom