Best town - West Coast of Scotland.

What's the betting they'll have cats too! :D. Other downsides are lack of gas central heating. That may or may not be a good thing these days? Just an example after a very quick search. However, if that price is typical for Argyll and Bute then there are bargains to be had !

Got my tickets for installing and servicing oil boilers, so not an issue there.

The price of houses is very good compared to what i'm used to in Aberdeen.
In fact its easy to get carried away.
You start looking at huge big places but then have to give myself a slap. Don't want to have to furnish, heat, and keep clean, rooms we'll never use.

Having failed to find a decent plot, I'm now looking at properties suitable for updating or bulldozing.
Looking at some of the timber frame stuff put up in the 80's - they wouldn't take much knocking down.

I quite like the smaller places that "punch above their weight" in terms of facilities... like the place I live now

I ad a place in Aviemore for 17 years. Awesome for mountain biking, hillwalking and motorbiking. Great facilities (train station, close to A9 for fast road access, number of restaurants/pubs and gym/pool etc). Aviemore's a great base.

On the West, I always like Ullapool. Lots going on, a bit bigger than Gairloch, so more facilities. Some great places to eat/drink. Always a favourite with my motorbike buddies for a saturday night stop when blasting up past kylesku to Durness for some motorbike fun. not a big drive/ride to lots of other places (lochinver pie shop for instance :). close enough to inverness for your requirements of a "larger town".

Having said all that, Aviemore's still pulling me to return one day...

I quite like the smaller places that "punch above their weight" in terms of facilities... like the place I live now

I ad a place in Aviemore for 17 years. Awesome for mountain biking, hillwalking and motorbiking. Great facilities (train station, close to A9 for fast road access, number of restaurants/pubs and gym/pool etc). Aviemore's a great base.

On the West, I always like Ullapool. Lots going on, a bit bigger than Gairloch, so more facilities. Some great places to eat/drink. Always a favourite with my motorbike buddies for a saturday night stop when blasting up past kylesku to Durness for some motorbike fun. not a big drive/ride to lots of other places (lochinver pie shop for instance :). close enough to inverness for your requirements of a "larger town".

Having said all that, Aviemore's still pulling me to return one day...

Yup. Oban and Ullapool are favourites for me.

Am brand new here -- but based in North Ayrshire. I'd go with Troon, West Kilbride, Alloway, Dundonald or Symington.....

Depends on what you're looking for in a location I guess.

Back
Top Bottom