Trade in Prices on Bmw bikes

And dont fall for any dealer offering a trade only sale,

Dealers cannot offer trade only sales conditions to the public - it only applys dealer to dealer!

iits often used as a way out of negating there obligations under the consumer rights act!

Any vehicle bought by a non trader from a dealer is covered by the CRA - regardless of what they say.

Had i known that within the required timeframe, id be on a different bike now ;)

Agree totally, there profit margin ain't that big when you consider the above and the taxman wants his slice.

On another site, someone was justifying a new bike on the basis of what he was offered to trade - taking into account what he was faced with paying in this next quarter on his current bike:

New tyres: £250
Battery: £80
New Chain/sprockets: £150-£200
Warranty: £1,400 (for 3yrs at BMW rates)

It started to look like a reasonable justification.

I don’t think that’s bad at all, considering they’re putting a two year warranty on, possibly a tyre or two, and a full check/ service. So many people moaning about dealers making too much money, but they’d be moaning more if there weren’t enough dealers.

To be fair it was only serviced a few months ago and has a pair of PR4s with only 1500 miles of wear on them so apart from cleaning it I would think it would be good to go
Still think that's reasonable though

Back
Top Bottom