Thread: rev'ithorizon 2 jacket/pants

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

rev'ithorizon 2 jacket/pants

just looking to renew my riding gear and seen the above at a reasonable price. just wondering if anyone on here has any experience of the kit and would care to share I've watched the youtube vids and read reviews online from various shops but would appreciate some real world opinions

many thanks

I have been using the trousers for about 18 month and just got the jacket on Xmas eve.

Great bit of kit for the money. It will keep you bone dry. Rev'it own textiles are a bit crunchy compared to Cordura but they do soften up a bit.
    The level of armour for the money is fantastic even compared to much higher priced kit.
    The only area I'm not happy with is the sleeve closure, there is no zip, just a gator and velcro but this was a sacrifice I was prepared to make and I'm getting used to it.

I would have no hesitation recommending the Horizon 2

Give Jamie from MotoCentral (on here) a shout before you purchase, they are a great crowd to deal with and you get a 10% UKGSer discount.

Sent from a U11

Not a real world review Yoxi, but I looked at these too. Great fit in the leg but a lot of material around the arse which of course is fine if you are packing some junk in your trunk. Good luck

Cheers for the swift and honest replies. I think I’ll pop down to my local stockist and try the sizing then give Moto central a call.

Cheers
    Chris

I have the trousers following a recommendation here from Younger06. I have to say I really rate them. Very nicely made, good vent, tough zips, totally waterproof in everything I've experienced in them (I live in Devon, so we get our fair share!) and, being laminated, they don't seem to "wet out" like gear with a drop liner can. I've never used the warm liners so I can't comment there. I bought more Rev'it gear since, including the excellent Discovery boots, and it's all been great except for the braces - whilst they are made for them, the Velcro was the wrong way round for the Horizon 2 trousers, so I had work to do to reverse the hook/loop parts. It seems it wasn't a one off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dog View Post
    I have the trousers following a recommendation here from Younger06. I have to say I really rate them. Very nicely made, good vent, tough zips, totally waterproof in everything I've experienced in them (I live in Devon, so we get our fair share!) and, being laminated, they don't seem to "wet out" like gear with a drop liner can. I've never used the warm liners so I can't comment there. I bought more Rev'it gear since, including the excellent Discovery boots, and it's all been great except for the braces - whilst they are made for them, the Velcro was the wrong way round for the Horizon 2 trousers, so I had work to do to reverse the hook/loop parts. It seems it wasn't a one off.
    I brought my Strappers back to the dealer and after a bit of a wait was given back a correct set.

Must have been a batch issue.

Sent from a U11

cheers guys.

was going to purchase today however me reversing into my pals Jag has seen of the spare cash for this month so i'll have to wait til next month now

Well I’ve gone and done it. Horizon jacket and trousers and a new Caberg Tourmax Marathon helmet. Having to wait for the lid delivering so will be test riding it all next week. All being well. I’ll post a proper review when I can.
    Thanks again for the advice guys

Quote Originally Posted by yoxi675 View Post
    Well I’ve gone and done it. Horizon jacket and trousers and a new Caberg Tourmax Marathon helmet. Having to wait for the lid delivering so will be test riding it all next week. All being well. I’ll post a proper review when I can.
    Thanks again for the advice guys
    Make sure you get the back protector......it doesn't come with the jacket. It's reasonably priced and is Level 2

yes. almost forgot about the back protector but the sales team didn't lol. giving the kit its first outing tomorrow hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by yoxi675 View Post
    yes. almost forgot about the back protector but the sales team didn't lol. giving the kit its first outing tomorrow hopefully.
    Did you go with MotoCentral??

Sent from a U11

No went to get geared. I get 10 percent off through the job.
    Den out in the suit today. Well impressed so far

Any further comments on the jacket, in particular?
    Start every day with a smile ... Get it over with!

I'm finding it very good.
    Definitely waterproof.......it feels fairly light (which I like) and because of that, it is not the warmest jacket I have ever had.
    The last comment might be a bit unfair because my most recent bad weather jackets have been BMW Streetguard and Halvarssons laminate kit with Outlast.......so the bar was set fairly high.

I would definitely recommend it at the price point its at.

Sent from a U11

Same here. The jacket fits well. Feels warm enough. I’ve had. Few rides out last month with nothing more than a t shirt under with no issues. Having been caught in a downpour it’s definitely waterproof. I’d buy again at the price.

Finally tried one.on. Seemed a bit shorter than other jackets plus I needed 2 sizes up before i.got.one that fitted me. Try before you buy.
    Start every day with a smile ... Get it over with!