Tyre choice.

wreck diver

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Soon be time to put new tyres on my 800 gsa.
It's running Conti trail attacks,fairly pleased but any opinions on the best road tyres currently available welcome. Thanks and have a happy new year :beerjug:

I had a f800 gsa. I can’t remember having any problems with tyers. Bridgestone A40s didn’t inspire confidence but a 2nd set were grand. I usually buy mainstream tyers on price. I’m not good enough to exploit them to the limit. JJH

Soon be time to put new tyres on my 800 gsa.
It's running Conti trail attacks,fairly pleased but any opinions on the best road tyres currently available welcome. Thanks and have a happy new year :beerjug:

Trail Attack 2's On my 2nd set and liking them lots.

The new Conti Trail Attack 3 is about to be launched in UK in January..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needing to replace mine, Scorpion trail on the front which is cracking and tourance on the rear which is squared.
Both were on the bike when I got it.

Was looking at Anakee 3's, but have seen the Anakee adventures are now out which might be beneficial for some of the light off roading I might need to do to access forestry sites. Look similar tread wise to the Trailriders

Anyone with experience of them?

Like Ash, I'm definitely looking at the Avons for my baby GS next time - the Tourances are starting to square off.

I see Avon are doing a Treckrider for 50:50 on/off road, presumably to take on Conti.

Anakees - others complain of excessive noise.

Mine came with Anakee 3s and I fitted another set when they wore out
Very happy with them on bad Irish roads
Have not found them noisy at all
Seem as good as the Tourances I had on the 1150 for 10 years
And they wear better also

Currently running a set of Metzeler Tourance Next. Good tyres with plenty of grip and reasonable life. Previously ran two sets of Conti TA2’s. Also a reasonable tyre. Had the Pirelli Scorpions recommended, and my wife likes them on her CB500X.
Might try a set of the new TA3’s when I need tyres. I know that’s probably not much help but I’ve been running Heidenau K60 Scouts for the second half of last year. Which is a completely different kind of tyre.

Needing to replace mine, Scorpion trail on the front which is cracking and tourance on the rear which is squared.
Both were on the bike when I got it.

Was looking at Anakee 3's, but have seen the Anakee adventures are now out which might be beneficial for some of the light off roading I might need to do to access forestry sites. Look similar tread wise to the Trailriders

Anyone with experience of them?

I have the Annakee adventure on my R1250GS, i have done 1600 miles and found them faultless so far, If I was to be critical, they are noisy, but i can live with that.

Ged

Not road tyres, but my 800GS will never have anything but Heidenau K60's …. never had a moments trouble with them and they last 10,000 miles :)

I put Bridgestone Battlax A41 tyres on mine. They're definitely road tyres - no pretence at being off road - but as I only ride on the road that's fine by me. I really like them - confidence inspiring and they seem to be wearing well (important as main riding is a 70 mile each way commute, mainly on motorways.)

New tyre for my 650GS SE

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1557493222869.jpg
    FB_IMG_1557493222869.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 156

Back
Top Bottom