2stroke to 4

doyle

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,anyone changed from a 2stroke to a 4 ?

Thinking of a 4rt to replace a beta evo ,but quite like the snappy response from a 2stroke.

Would be interested in views.

Cheers

I have both - a 250 4rt and a 2T(en ex Hamilton Yam TYZ 250 2T - but not an Beta Evo)

The 4rt is a lovely bike to own, but not necessarily to ride, if that makes sense

They can be frustrating to ride as you need to hold onto the throttle longer to get decent grip, which is a bit alien to a 2T rider - who can throttle and clutch to obtain grip easier

Once you master the 4RT (it may take 6-8 months to do so) they can be great to ride but you need to be more physical with them and rev them harder

I have one - but usually default to ride the 2T instead as I can get a better result easier on a 2T, because I am a lazy bugger

Having said that I understand the 260 has less engine braking than my 250 variant and it makes it more like a 2T

However having ridden both the 250 (owned) and 260 - I really can't tell a huge difference

Some say the 300 RR is the best as it's so smooth

I had a Seeley Honda 200 back in the day. I had some decent results but any carbed model has a twat of a flat spot just as you introduce the throttle in tight sections. Ive never rode a modern 4rt, but as JB said they are meant to be a different animal. I'd go 4rt without trying one, purely for the flexibility of use.

I had a Seeley Honda 200 back in the day. I had some decent results but any carbed model has a twat of a flat spot just as you introduce the throttle in tight sections. Ive never rode a modern 4rt, but as JB said they are meant to be a different animal. I'd go 4rt without trying one, purely for the flexibility of use.

Efi on the 4rt is perfect fuelling every time

No club, just go out with a few mates

Attachments

• 5AFFD9C5-85BD-47F9-BC4B-39A03B474C49.jpg
    5AFFD9C5-85BD-47F9-BC4B-39A03B474C49.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 201
If you aren't competing then I would definitely try a 4rt as you aren't confined to a set course

As a play bike you will be fine

Thanks, need to try one first I think. Can’t see me competing as it’s not my thing.

Back
Top Bottom