BMW Spare Parts in France?

Magwych

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
For the past year we have been busy settling into our new life in France, trying to decide what direction to let life take us in. Now that we have our new project in hand, a micro-brasserie on the upper floor of our larger barn, I can get on with more mundane tasks...

The Adventure needs a full service, which I am more than happy to do myself. I am looking for sensibly priced suppliers of parts, a French form o Motoworks or Motobins ideally. I do have a motorrad dealer 35km away in Albi, which I rarely have reason to visit. Being lazy I would like the Postie to bring the package to me, so I am looking at the likes of Motoblouz, etc.

Does anyone over here have any recommendations, or condemnations even?

Last edited:
Following... I'm moving to Lyon with my GS this year sometime.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We live in SW France

postage/carriage in France seems to be more expensive than the UK

The UK suppliers ship to France - low £ etc., - I'd check with Motobins etc., and compare before buying in France

also have a look at Amazon.fr - they sometimes have certain items

We live in SW France

postage/carriage in France seems to be more expensive than the UK

The UK suppliers ship to France - low £ etc., - I'd check with Motobins etc., and compare before buying in France

That was one of the things that motivated me to ask. Pattern service parts can be a bit cheaper here, but add on postage and it gets silly.

Living here, I would like to support local business, much as I did in the UK.

That was one of the things that motivated me to ask. Pattern service parts can be a bit cheaper here, but add on postage and it gets silly.

Living here, I would like to support local business, much as I did in the UK.

sometimes you can find stuff on

https://www.leboncoin.fr

but France is a lot bigger than the UK and I have always found stuff to be miles away - and then there is the usual French postage bureaucracy and cost - plus the exchange rate difference and the £'s depreciation over the last couple of years

If I were you I'd buy a couple of the French moto magazines, to see who might advertise their wares in there. Similarly, most of the decent sized towns seem to have some sort of moto club in them, so try them too perhaps.

There again, if you know Motoworks or Motobins will ship reliably, just use them. Bods in other countries do, without too much pain on their conscience.

Anyway, if you are only looking to do a service, what are looking to buy? An oil filter, maybe some plugs, some oil? Just buy it locally and save yourself the angst. Any loss (or saving) will not be life changing.

I've lived in SW France 30 years and can only repeat what I have said above

maybe when you find out you can let me know what is better than buying from the UK in £'s and paying the carriage costs to France

The same with MG spares

There's a BMW Bike dealer in BDX that you can use

Any updates on this? I have lived here (24) for 17 years now and just buy anything I need from anywhere in Europe, lots of stuff from Germany.

Any updates on this? I have lived here (24) for 17 years now and just buy anything I need from anywhere in Europe, lots of stuff from Germany.

I have been using online only with BMWBayer.. excellent service. So far, on a par with Motorworks.

Back
Top Bottom