Zell am See, Austria

Si Yates

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
If your in the need for some digs in the Zell am See area (not far from the end of the Gross Glockner) these guys will look after you, run by a Dutch couple, just been there for a bit of winter fun but they look after bikers in the summer as well!! Nothing fancy just good honest folk.
pension-alpina@outlook.com

They also have this new Spa not far away we walked it & got the bus back (read that as few beers there / few beers back)

https://www.zellamsee-kaprun.com/de

If your in the need for some digs in the Zell am See area (not far from the end of the Gross Glockner) these guys will look after you, run by a Dutch couple, just been there for a bit of winter fun but they look after bikers in the summer as well!! Nothing fancy just good honest folk.
pension-alpina@outlook.com

They also have this new Spa not far away we walked it & got the bus back (read that as few beers there / few beers back)

https://www.zellamsee-kaprun.com/de

That's good to know as Solden (just to the south) closes, totally, for about three weeks, end of May and early June!

Anyone wants info of where to stay ,eat and visit around Zell am See PM me, we have been staying in the village at least once a year for over 20 years

We got a bit stuck for Accomodation in Zell am See in September ‘18. Booking.com came up trumps with the Berggasthof Biberg which at €45 for a room and breakfast was excellent value. The double bonus was it was about 3-4 miles up an easy dirt track climbing to about 5,000 feet with fantastic views over the valleys and across to other peaks. http://www.berggasthof-biberg.eu/

Anyone wants info of where to stay ,eat and visit around Zell am See PM me, we have been staying in the village at least once a year for over 20 years

Hi Neil, planning a trip to Austria this year and looking at staying around Zell an See for around 3-4 nights, going sept with my wife any help would be appreciated (would have PM'd you but couldnt figure it out)

That's good to know as Solden (just to the south) closes, totally, for about three weeks, end of May and early June!

Bugger. Stayed there last year and planning on going again in first couple of days of June.:blast

Bugger. Stayed there last year and planning on going again in first couple of days of June.:blast

I got my passes confused! I go from Solden over the Timmelsjoch then to Zell am Zee for the grossglockner!

When Solden was closed I stayed a few miles further on at Gasthof Bruckenwirt. Nice room, good food (with a view) and weiss bier!

I got my passes confused! I go from Solden over the Timmelsjoch then to Zell am Zee for the grossglockner!

When Solden was closed I stayed a few miles further on at Gasthof Bruckenwirt. Nice room, good food (with a view) and weiss bier!

Looks good to me. Was thinking about staying at one of the establishments on top of the Grossglockner, ever done it? Thought I’d read somewhere, although may have imagined it, that you either got discounted tickets or free tickets for the road?

Looks good to me. Was thinking about staying at one of the establishments on top of the Grossglockner, ever done it? Thought I’d read somewhere, although may have imagined it, that you either got discounted tickets or free tickets for the road?

the discounts are dependent on whether the hotel subscribes to the relevant scheme - a hotel I used in Maltatal was a member and they are quite some way from Grossglockner. (Gasthof Hochalmspitze now has new owners)

the town south of the pass Heiligenblut is quite pleasant with a number of hotels - a long time since I stayed there but we used Hotel Post.

You can stay at the Edelweiss Huette on the Edelweiss Spitze (bikers viewpoint ).................... stayed there in 2014 ,well worth getting up early for the sunrise.

You get discount on the Glockner and Felbertauern tunnel if your hotel subscribes and gives you the card.

If you are in the area the card also gives you free use of the local buses,the Pingauer Local trains from Zell to Krimml , plus free use of the cable cars on the Kitzsteinhorn and the Schmittenhoehe, trips on the lake and numerous other discounts .

Loads of info on the Zell am See Kaprun website

Perhaps you could share it on the open forum, which is the purpose of this section after all?

Hi Neil, planning a trip to Austria this year and looking at staying around Zell an See for around 3-4 night...... (would have PM'd you but couldnt figure it out)

You need to be a site subscriber in order to have the luxury of sending / receiving PM’s. It’s £12 for a year.... which is um.... er..... um..... £1 a month. I paid £5.40 for a pint of bitter on Friday.

Back
Top Bottom