Moose Racing ADV1 Saddlebags - Anyone Got Any Experience With Them?

PhaedrusMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...roducts/Moose-Racing-ADV1-Dry-Saddlebags-0001

Anyone tried them? Seems a decent idea? Dearer than Lomo's equivalent, but Moose's come in two different sizes - a couple of mates with asymmetric pannier requirements (exhaust placement) could make them work.

35011237_1.jpg

Phaedrus, I run a 1200 GSA LC with the pannier frames on. I too was looking for value for money soft luggage and preferably two different ltr sizes. I didn’t find them so went for standard 30ltr each side - Enduristan Monsoon 3. I can honestly say I don’t notice the difference.

Nice. Had a look Revzilla's video on them. If you'd come across the Moose ones before purchase, would you still have gone for the Enduristans?

Nice. Had a look Revzilla's video on them. If you'd come across the Moose ones before purchase, would you still have gone for the Enduristans?

Pheadrus, I reviewed the video and looked for the Revzilla video without luck. Revzilla’s video reviews are normally quite comprehensive so I could have made an informed decision for you had I have found it.

What I like about the Enduristan.
1. Hard pad on bike mount side of pannier to keep them rigid
2. Rok strap fixings to bike making fit secure.
3. Throw over saddle strap is tough Velcro but still fits under seat so you can take a pilion.
4. There is a cinch strap at the top of the bag after you have folded it down. This is great for quick grab stuff like water or waterproofs.
5. I like the fact that the bags aren’t too deep. They are horizontal rectangular.
6. The red interior with dividers really do make it easy to find stuff.
7. I like the fact that they don’t need a fixing plate left on the pannier frame.

Real life use.
I’m pretty quick at taking the panniers on and off, but even so, on a long journey I leave them on and take the contents out. The last trip I used a big plastic bag as an inner bag - worked fine. I’m probably going to make a cheap inner bag with shoulder straps so it’s easy to carry stuff around - especially on ferries.

Here is a pick of my set-up on route.

Glenn

Attachments

• 01F15E49-44EE-44B8-94E5-24F948EAEBCE.jpg
    01F15E49-44EE-44B8-94E5-24F948EAEBCE.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 1,132
Another pic

Attachments

• 25B73295-CDCC-4D70-AB7E-1F7EF5A51171.jpg
    25B73295-CDCC-4D70-AB7E-1F7EF5A51171.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 899

Back