XT1200ZE Super Tenere Workshop Manual

Thanks for that.

When you re-installed your front forks did you have to synchronize the ESA with the ECU or was it just a question of plugging the electronics back in?

Cheers

Mike

No did not have to synchronise just plug them back together works perfect, before I stripped them out I made sure they were in the std position for 1 rider and no luggage PS when the wiring blocks are unplugged make sure you do not turn the ignition on or you will have fault codes coming up, just make sure the key is not in the Motorcyle.

Workshop manual Conetnt...

Hi, is there anything in the manual that covers OBD2 diagnostics at all?

Ta,

JC

Not sure I understand the question

BUT

if you are referring to the Yamaha Diagnostic Tool there is a complete section of about 40 pages explaining what the code means and suggestions as to how to fix the issue.

There are also sections on the Self Diagnostic Functions and Diagnostic Code Tables

The manual is in 2 sections Gen 1 and Gen 2 bikes. I only checked the Gen 2 section

Hope this helps/answers your question

Mike

Not sure I understand the question

BUT

if you are referring to the Yamaha Diagnostic Tool there is a complete section of about 40 pages explaining what the code means and suggestions as to how to fix the issue.

There are also sections on the Self Diagnostic Functions and Diagnostic Code Tables

The manual is in 2 sections Gen 1 and Gen 2 bikes. I only checked the Gen 2 section

Hope this helps/answers your question

Mike

Thanks, Mike, perhaps I should have explained a little more...

I have a 2017 S10 with a constant Check Engine Light on. It's been this way since I had it remapped by Hilltop a few months ago. I thought I'd sort it myself by buying an OBD2 reader and with a bit of research, I'd be able to reset it. I can't find anything online specific to OBD2 & the S10 but there is info relating to other 2017 Yamaha bikes, I've tried following that but so far I can't establish if it even talks OBD2 or not. So I'm looking for anything I can find relating to that?

Ta,

John

Cannot find a ref to OBDZ only the Yamaha Diagnostic Tool.

I do know however that you can access fault codes via the information/speedo housing if buttons are pressed in the right sequence.

There is info how to access the ESA and reset the fault warning but going through the menu you can chose between SCU (suspension) and ECU on the S10 forum Although this info is about the ESA (if you have this model) following the ECU path might provide and answer as to how to turn off the light....I presume the bike is running OK and all you want to do is turn off the light

Below is copied from the S10 Forum. Hope it helps

Mike

put it on center stand

held tcs and reset buttons down while turning key on

held buttons down for 8 seconds

ecu AND SCU options came up, using tcs button i scrolled to highlight scu

pressed both buttons down again,

screen then read just DIA so i pressed both buttons again

had several screens of codes and numbers,

using tcs button i scrolled through them

when it read 84 on the top i pressed both buttons again and the preload adjustment started to raise the bike, it went all the way up then down,

error light went out

shut off key

turned key back on and no more code

Cheers for this Mike, I do though think this is for the pre-2017 models. I am going to give it a got hough, as you never know!!

I used this method to check the electric suspension on my 2015 Gen 2 XT1200ZE. I'm fairly certain that there hasn't been a change in the Gen 2s

Mike

Back
Top Bottom