XT1200ZE Super Tenere Workshop Manual

MIKE R

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get one in the UK for a 2015 model with electronic suspension.

After 35k I want to change the oil in the front forks but can't find out how to do it!

Thanks in advance

Mike

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cbqyeEQy-mk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This may give a few pointers You will have to search for the oil volume or height specs if your gaiters and seals are good it may be possible to do it leaving the forks in situ :thumb

:beerjug:

Thanks for that.

I can get all the information I need on the standard forks, but not the ones with electronically suspension

Cheers

Mike

I'm due a visit to my local Yamaha dealer I'll ask them if they have any information

:beerjug:

Thanks for that.

I've already contacted my local dealer and they've never been asked for one so they're going to contact Yamaha.

Going by past experience a Genuine Yamaha Workshop Manual will be VERY expensive. I know that Haynes and Clymer do not do one but was hoping that someone may know of another publisher

Thanks again

Mike

CD manual for ES on EBay item No 183624475764 but it’s from USA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Many thanks for the link. May go this way

Mike

Just googled it and found a free download site in USA, got mine no probs

I can find a link for a free download for the standard S10 but not the one with electronic suspension.

Is there any chance you post a link or send me a PM?

Cheers

Mike

Anyone do a universal gear shift indicator mod for a 2012 xt1200?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sorry Mike it was over a year ago cant remember link. but it was through a S10 USA forum and it was for standard suspension model 2015.

Many thanks for trying to help.

I've had a couple of standard Super Tens (both Gen1) and have a manual for them.

Looks like I'll be following up Andrew's great link. The manual looks good but a bit concerned about being hit for import duty and associated costs

Cheers

Mike

I've now spoken to my local dealer who spoke to Yamaha.

They told me that there is no official manual available in the UK for a private person to buy!

So I bought one of these that Andrew mentioned above (many thanks)

I asked for a download version (whether I'll get a CD as well....I don't know) and it arrived within about 2 hours of ordering.

At first glance it appears to be very comprehensive and answers all my questions.

Mike

Although I've only had the downloaded version for a day first impressions are very positive and worth, I think, the outlay. Line diagrams are clear and the text seems easy to follow.

It is divided into 2 sections....S10 2010 -13 and 14-16 (no significant changes between 16 and 18)

The download allows you to download to Windows, Mac, mobiles etc The 10-13 section has over 600 pages and the 14-16 contains over 700 pages. Sections and individual pages can be easily printed

I've only checked the electronic front suspension section so far but it certainly covers this in detail.

As well as providing me with a download within 2 hours they are also sending me a CD. In the advert the manual is full of photographs which do not appear in the download. I'm wondering if these will be on the disc.

I've attached a couple of pages to give you an example. These pages have been printed and scanned so do not reflect the actual quality.

Hope this helps

Mike

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 1,954
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 1,867
Fork oil changes used to be so easy, when we had a drain plug on each leg.

No wonder it's a job that has slipped off the agenda.

I bought my genuine Yamaha workshop manual for the XT1200ZE as a PDF download through Ebay. Guy was from Greece I think?.

Page numbers are slightly out to your example pages - mine is the 2017 version of the manual.

Don't understand why Yamaha UK can't sell it.

Mind you when I bought my R1150GS in 2001 my local BMW dealer "couldn't" sell me the BMW
manual on CD - not allowed by BMW uk - but I was able to buy it from Motorworks!! - makes no sense eh:confused:

Cheers.................Grizzly:beerjug:

CD arrived....exactly same as download.

Obviously been opened but no indications of any custom charges

Mike

Just changed fork oil on my ES after 37k miles and measured oil coming out of each fork leg got a bit of a shock as there have been no leaks at all. The left fork had 470ml and the right fork had 320ml on re filling they both took about 475ml with a 148mm air gap. A tip for tightening the top cap bolt with stepper motor is to raise your forks through the top yoke about 10-15 mm and remove handle bars (just sit them on the tank with rags under them) and nip the lower you Yokes up with a 10mm racket spanner, doing this makes it easy to tighten the top cap bolt and not damaged them.

Back
Top Bottom