K1600 insurance - ouch

DO you carry goods on the bike for Hire or reward? If not then they are taking the piss!!

alas the world isn't always as we would like to be to be. To the best of my knowledge, this has been the position for tens of years. commuting is to a single place of work. Travelling to client meetings, claiming expenses for the mileage is class one business use.

I pay £355 for both bikes (K1600GT and F700GS) with Carole Nash. Every year I shop around to find something cheaper but can never find an alternative that includes what's in the CN standard policy (breakdown insurance and legal cover).

I have 10 yrs no claims, and the bikes are kept in garage overnight, and I only need SDP+commuting cover.

Well, after 14 quotes the best is £744 from Carole Nash.
Its the K1600 that is the issue, although I don't know why. Over 50 and other than one SP30 from 4 years, ago I have 15 years of clean, claim free riding on 1+ litre bikes. WTF?
Hastings and Principal will not even quote the for the K1600.

Looks like its time to raid the children's saving account again.

My mate dropped his K1600 on gravel and it looked liked a £1000 repair. Dealers quote came in at £3740. No wonder the insurance is dear.

Have you tried e-bike? Up to four bikes on one policy. They don't like bikes over £20k, so I had to insure mine for that when it was new, but second year it was a problem.

Have you tried e-bike? Up to four bikes on one policy. They don't like bikes over £20k, so I had to insure mine for that when it was new, but second year it was a problem.

Nice bloke at E bike - he had the sense not to waste either our time when the K16 on its own was £1700, so he never bothered to quote the GS.

Carole Nash denied any record of a two bike quote and when re-quoted the hoped for £744 became over £1k.... Very odd. They also insisted that IAM observing had to be recorded as a second job/profession. They came across as a total shambles TBH.

I went with LV in the end. A painful £700 :(

Back
Top Bottom