Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compact 12V Air Pump - What's Decent On The Market Today?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Just bought a givi puncture repair kit with the small canisters.Has anyone used them ? or is it advisable to buy a pump instead
    cheers Doc
    lets av it

The canisters don’t pump up enough. About 10 psi if your lucky. A small pump is advisable. Use crocodile clips to battery as the current draw is too high for the socket. It will run off the socket while testing but once a load comes on it it will trip out. JJH

Quote Originally Posted by JJH View Post
    The canisters don’t pump up enough. About 10 psi if your lucky. A small pump is advisable. Use crocodile clips to battery as the current draw is too high for the socket. It will run off the socket while testing but once a load comes on it it will trip out. JJH
    cheers will buy one like Paul G mentioned
    lets av it

Argos have RAC mini inflator at £7.99 just now

If you have a battery hid away under a panel (as in my 700GS) it is easier to run a fused lead from the battery to a suitable plug (mine is tucked away under the seat)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    Argos have RAC mini inflator at £7.99 just now
    Good find

Sent from a U11

Quote Originally Posted by Hoff View Post
    If you have a battery hid away under a panel (as in my 700GS) it is easier to run a fused lead from the battery to a suitable plug (mine is tucked away under the seat)
    same lead can be used for a battery charger or heated clothing
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Real adventurers carry a small hand pump and pump like a fiddler's elbow

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Many years ago myself and the guy I was working for made a attachment to pump up tyers using the piston of a car engine. You removed a spark plug and screwd in the adapter we made from a hollowed out sparkplug. You then plugged in a air line and hay presto it worked. Funny enough it only pumped while ticking over. If you reved up it wouldn’t build up pressure. Plugs are far too recessed in modern engines to make it worthwhile. By the time you got to the plug it would’ve been handier to use some other method. Also there is so many different plug sizes. Things were a lot simpler when every car had a champion n9y. JJH

I´ve got both the Dynaplug Micro Pro Inflator Air Pump and the Airman. But the Dynaplug Micro Pro Inflator Air Pump is the better one!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G (BHT) View Post
    Great bit of kit from Adventure Bike Warehouse
    +1 on that. Pumps up from flat and enough pressure to seat the tyre on the rim.
    Tried and tested. Plus used many times to adjust pressures.
    I always have the engine running when I’m using it....just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by JJH View Post
    Many years ago myself and the guy I was working for made a attachment to pump up tyers using the piston of a car engine. You removed a spark plug and screwd in the adapter we made from a hollowed out sparkplug. You then plugged in a air line and hay presto it worked. Funny enough it only pumped while ticking over. If you reved up it wouldn’t build up pressure. Plugs are far too recessed in modern engines to make it worthwhile. By the time you got to the plug it would’ve been handier to use some other method. Also there is so many different plug sizes. Things were a lot simpler when every car had a champion n9y. JJH
    That's bloody clever. Hate to think what the fuel would do to your tyres.....but bloody clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G (BHT) View Post
    Great bit of kit from Adventure Bike Warehouse
    just got one of these..Works a treat cheers
    lets av it

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Just bought a givi puncture repair kit with the small canisters.Has anyone used them ? or is it advisable to buy a pump instead
    cheers Doc
    the air canisters are a get you to the nearest garage idea. If there is no room on the bike to carry a small pump, i wouldn't worry to much. Just sort out the flat tyre or puncture with the kit and the air canisters, then a slowish ride to the nearest air line.

If your away touring in a group only one rider needs to carry a pump.

the other issue with carrying a pump is it won't work off the GS GSA RT on bike socket as it will be over the 5 amp load of the can bus. A cigarette type socket direct to the battery works, but as posted , run the bike engine when using or the battery drains......FAST

Last Of The V8 Interceptors Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Just ordered a MotoPressor from Adventure Motorcycles in Wexford. Crunch's one did the job when I discovered this little bastard in Ballina on the Sunday morning as we were leaving...

Name:  IMG-20190414-WA0000.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  234.0 KB

Shite that a decent compressor needs a separate pressure gauge... grrr. I ordered one of those too...

€68 ffs! Better outlast the deceased Airman toy pump...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12