Overland R80GS

Thanks Mikey. It’ll do :)

db442e6e686d38201c482a8a645f856c.jpg
35d8baa9799b26276b03348573a88c18.jpg
110ca716fd6b08c8e596694353ba17a8.jpg

What a great thread. Thank you Mikeyboy !!How does it ride Arsey?

Very nicely !

It only got delivered lunch time so only done about 10 miles.

Brakes are crap but only to be expected.It feels very light despite me stick in 30 litres of juice.

Pegs are quite small so might be tempted to get some thing wider if anything about.Heading to a local bike night with it later.

Very pleased with it.Mikey has done a cracking job.

It looks awesome. Initially I thought '£10k (or whatever it was) on a 30 yr old bike :confused: but then, it looks superb, no electronics to go tits up, won't depreciate, and will no doubt ride fine. What's not to like.

If you get the big disc kit from Motoren Israel, or similar, that will make the front a lot better. Something like this. The rear brake is just how it is. :eek

It's a great bike. I rode it when it was green/yellow and really liked it. Since then, it's got a great deal better. I hope you enjoy it, it's a lovely looking thing.

I bet you get plenty of comments at the bike night! :thumby:

I bought a bigger disk kit for my Mike and Charlie rebuilt R100GS, but I didn’t find it that much better, at the end of the day, its an old bike, thats how they were in the day, just adjust and live with it.��

I bought a bigger disk kit for my Mike and Charlie rebuilt R100GS, but I didn’t find it that much better, at the end of the day, its an old bike, thats how they were in the day, just adjust and live with it.

Exactly . Just need to get used to it .

You need to use LUCAS TRW SV pads with them then it's 2 finger braking!

Been out on the old shitter on and off all day. She’s a good old girl.Certainly has character and have been stopped by a few people asking about the bike !!

269c3c13f72dec3695a549a445e908a7.jpg
0443e1499c3728c791723bad38fcefb3.jpg
31b449e6d392bec57f648485799f2493.jpg

I tried TRW SV pads which I bought on ebay and they were the worst pads I have ever fitted to a bike , HH or standard.

So either there are counterfeit pads around or some folks are using very slippery tires.

I have a 320mm floating wave disk, a 11 mm M.C. , top rated ECB HH sintered pads in the stock caliper, and SS braid covered teflon brake lines.
With Enduro 3 Saharas it takes as good a squeeze as I can give it to get it anywhere near lock up, even on the slippery spray seal roads around here.
FWIW the stock caliper works better than the four piston item the PO had fitted - sintered pads like to get hot!

Been out on the old shitter on and off all day. She’s a good old girl.Certainly has character and have been stopped by a few people asking about the bike !!

Oh that’s yours? Lovely. The ‘one bike to in the darkness bind them’ ... forgive me Tolkien.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom