Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone used Holan panniers?

I use them.

Completely waterproof so far. Completely secure so far.

I have 2 sets....smaller for solo, larger for 2 up hols....being careful, I only have 1 set of locks and 1 set of hangers, which I swap over twice a year. I put the hangers on the panniers....measure twice, drill once.....still got it wrong, but no leakage through the (sealed with helicopter tape) extraneous holes.

A bit of a faff getting the inners(Kreiga KS40's) in and out through the top, but perfectly doable.

Would I get them again?

Certainly.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Having problems getting the muppets at Holan to quote on a pair of larger boxes.

Found a used set with the small boxes, so I though it would be easy to ask them to price a pair of the larger boxes - basically a large kit less the pannier racks.

This seems to of confused the crap out of them, they are going on about needing pictures of the rails before they can tell if the panniers will fit - FFS!!!

I even gave them the original order number they supplied the small set with and this seems to of sent them into melt-down.

Overall I get a terrible feeling about ordering anything from these clowns!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe adventuredon's Avatar
    I used them for frames and bars. Yes, hard to get a quick and succinct answer to queries etc. No e mail or tel answer for a week or so, but they do eventually get there. The product was solid when it did arrive. I was impressed. Can't help on the boxes though....

Still nothing back from Holan, sent a follow up a few days ago, but well over a week since the e-mail when I gave them pictures of my current setup and the original order number it was supplied under.

I have now bought the used set, but I am also now 100% certain I will need the larger boxes for trips away with the Mrs as the small "31L" box would of been 31L before they cut a chunk out, so is probably only a shade over 20L now.

How hard can it be to supply a pair of panniers to fit onto your own rails?

I am not sure if they are completely stupid, don't bother reading / replying to e-mails or just cannot translate my requirements properly.

Might have to try and find a Polish Translator for this one!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe Paul S's Avatar
    Rasher

If it was me I would just order the side boxes you want and the fittings - https://holan.pl/en/accessories-for-...ier-18-mm.html separately.

You can then use your secondhand smaller boxes as the template for drilling the holes in the new boxes - so no guess work and job done
    Paul S

Previous BM's: R100GS, R1100GS, R1150GS, R1200GS(04), R1150GSA(04), R1200GSA(06), R1200GSA(08), R1200GS TB (11) written off, R1200GS WC (13) R1200gsa WC (14)
    Current Bikes: BMW Scrambler X & KTM 1290 Super Adventure S

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
    Rasher

You can then use your secondhand smaller boxes as the template for drilling the holes in the new boxes - so no guess work and job done
    You have not seen my handyman skills in action!

Annoying thing is they do this all day every day, all I want is them to say they can send them pre-drilled and I will pay up right away.

I might try and find a local engineering company that can do the drilling for me, now I have a set of boxes I can show them what's involved, probably under half hours work for someone with a good pillar drill.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefstu View Post
    If got holan on mine, have no issue's at all, I was told that they used to make them for touratec before they branched out on there own, don't actually know If that was true but mine look very similar to a friends touratec ones, the only issue I had is they took awhile for my frames to be delivered around 4 weeks amend it very hard to contact anyone unless you can speak polish and call.
    I recognise them there panniers and all the places they've been I hope there serving you well

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe cbrgaz's Avatar
    Holan are renowned for now having the best customer service, it's why alot of companies stopped stocking them.
    I hope they do reply to you soon.

Sent from whatever I'm using at the time

Got plenty of time, don't need larger cases until end of June, but understand even once you manage to agree an order they take another 2 months to get the stuff to you. Might get lucky and come across a used set.

Worst case I can still swap back to my Givi setup for the big trips.

Any update on Holan?
    What stops you simply buying new Touratech boxes from KTM?

The last 3 piece set that sold on eBay second hand sold for £890 IIRC which is only £350 less than RRP!

I'm looking to buy aluminium luggage and there is so much choice....

Not fitted the Holans yet, 1st trip is booked for end of May so no big hurry.

My options are:-

1. Get a second set of larger boxes and drill holes myself,
    2. Order a full set of smaller boxes and have panniers on both bikes
    3. Swap between the Holans for solo trips and Givi Trekker for trips with Mrs.

I think it will come down to how wide it looks to her when I fit them, if she wants her own set of panniers I will go down that route, if not I could probably order the larger Holans and cover the majority of the cost by selling the KTM branded Trekker kit - but they are very nice and HUGE so may be tempted to just keep them and go through the @30 minute process to swap them over once a year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12