Swapping from GSA to R1200R sport

Dario

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am finding my 2015 GSA low suspension a little heavy for me now. Just wheeling out the garage and the like but always with the dread of a mishap when undertaking slow manoeuvres.

A R1200R sport 2017 in blue has caught my eye in my local dealer and i am seriously looking at a swap deal. Think some sort a screen is a must but that apart i recon this could be a good choice for me. Just wondering if anyone has swapped in this direction and what their thoughts were?

Dario

Tried one for fun before I bought my standard height GS 1200, weight felt the same, however being 6ft 2, I felt cramped at the knees, but feet where well planted on the floor, if you have a lowered GSA you will find this bike a tad lower, but not sure you will feel any weight difference, the bike itself was a delight to ride, but to cramped for me, and I had my eye on a GS anyway.............;)

I did the swop from gs to r sport due to shoulder injury and
You will find a huge difference in manoeuvrability when just wheeling it around d and on the road it’s a brilliant roadster ... will run rings around a gs when it gets really fast n twisty too
57ea069f49905a8799ee541bd7ed16da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will find a huge difference in manoeuvrability when just wheeling it around d and on the road it’s a brilliant roadster ... will run rings around a gs when it gets really fast n twisty too

It's funny you should mention injury as i have torn a muscle (rotor cuff i think it's called) in my back/shoulder. This makes wheeling the GSA around very painful to the extent i am afraid that i will drop it. Well deal is done and many farkles have already been purchased. Really looking forwarded to my new bike :)
Dario

1200r

had the same knackered r/cuff plus more,
got rid of my rocket 111,roadster never looked back,its like riding a 250,but enough power handling etc,love it,put some hand guards on,a small screen you will love it.
ps got a screen if you need one .

I am finding my 2015 GSA low suspension a little heavy for me now. Just wheeling out the garage and the like but always with the dread of a mishap when undertaking slow manoeuvres.

A R1200R sport 2017 in blue has caught my eye in my local dealer and i am seriously looking at a swap deal. Think some sort a screen is a must but that apart i recon this could be a good choice for me. Just wondering if anyone has swapped in this direction and what their thoughts were?

Dario
I chopped in my GSA in 2014 for a 1200R Dark White i.e. last of the pre-LC models.
In summer, & 2018 was a glorious summer, it's a delight. So much easier to move around in the garage, & a pleasure out on the open road, but not the motorway - too much buffeting.
As soon as winter loomed it was back on SORN, leaving the RT to cope with chilly weather.

Thanks for the offer of the screen Tailscookie but i have one. Truth be told i have gone kinda wild on the farkles front. I shall post some pics up when i get her.

Dario

I've been quietly following this as I've been considering changing from an R1200R Sport to a low suspension GSA...

The reasons being a slightly more upright and stretched out riding position, but as one of the big pluses I found coming down (altitude wise) from a Tiger 1050 to the R was the confidence I had maneuvering the bike around at low speed (both on it and off it), the thread has convinced me to simply fit the bar risers that have been sitting in the garage and stick with what I've got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

which screen is that ? looks very nice ��

Have you got it yet ?

Well the deal is done and the bike is ready but as the weather has been pretty shit i have not picked her up. The nice chaps at the dealership will deliver her down in the van on Sunday for me. I shall post up some pics once she arrives.

Dario

Forgot to ask, is it a red framed one or the slower blue framed ones?

I chopped in my GSA in 2014 for a 1200R Dark White i.e. last of the pre-LC models.
In summer, & 2018 was a glorious summer, it's a delight. So much easier to move around in the garage, & a pleasure out on the open road, but not the motorway - too much buffeting.
As soon as winter loomed it was back on SORN, leaving the RT to cope with chilly weather.

Remove the screen, buffeting will be gone. First thing I did with my 12r and all 3 GS's and 4 GSA's as soon as I got them home.

Remove the screen, buffeting will be gone. First thing I did with my 12r and all 3 GS's and 4 GSA's as soon as I got them home.
Quite possibly, but I prefer to have the screen in place for the sort of roads I use it on. I choose my route so I don't use it on the motorway.

Swapping GSA to R1200R

Forgot to ask, is it a red framed one or the slower blue framed ones?

Damn i knew i had done something wrong. I'm afraid it is one of those slower blue framed jobbies :)

R1200R

Just a couple photos of the bike. Some farkles still to arrive. Weather crap so first ride will have to wait. :aidan

Attachments

• IMG_1593.jpg
    IMG_1593.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_1595.jpg
    IMG_1595.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_1597.jpg
    IMG_1597.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 411

Back
Top Bottom