CRF250L

MarkShelley

Very similar to Paolo Maldini
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Almost finished turning my 2012 bike into a mini adventure bike. I am very impressed with how perky it is for a 250.

Nice setup you’ve done there, but i have to bring you to order over the “perky” comment ;):D, imho its acceptable for back lane 40-50 mph plodding, but perky it ain’t ;).

Mine feel perfectly happy sitting at 65 to 70. Not sure if the full GPR system makes any difference as it was on when I bought it.

perky

bet that can wheelie well with all them boxes ! lift off

Two screens! What difference did the first one make and what difference did the second one make? I saw somewhere that the guy who makes the kit to fit the NC750 screen doesn't make it anymore. Where did you get yours? And Pirelli MT21s - I'm thinking about getting some. What size are yours and what are they like?

Cheers,

Steve.

Two screens! What difference did the first one make and what difference did the second one make? I saw somewhere that the guy who makes the kit to fit the NC750 screen doesn't make it anymore. Where did you get yours? And Pirelli MT21s - I'm thinking about getting some. What size are yours and what are they like?

Cheers,

Steve.

Each screen was an improvement over previous set-up. I made the fittings for the NC screen myself. I bought some nylon bar to make the four spacers and drilled through the centre of it to take a long M5 bolt. On the last pic you might be able to make out a piece of rubber i wedged between the inside of the headlight surround and the instruments to take out some of the deflection from the wind. I have now fitted TKC80s on the bike as I will be using mainly on tarmac. The front was the original and done 4k miles. The rear is indeed an MT21, has hardly been used and is for sale. £30 plus post.

Thanks. Where are you thinking of going on it? It looks like it's sorted for Australia!

I will be trailering it across to Ireland in May when I go to work on The Open for three months. It will be my commuting vehicle and for getting around the site. Hopefully I will get a bit of time off to explore the area as well. The top box will mainly be used just to put my helmet in when off the bike.

Fitted a second hand IMS big tank today and was very impressed with how easy it was to fit. Too dark for pics when I finished, but will add some soon.

Nice setup (that i'm looking to copy). I also have an NC750 screen but it doesn't look exactly like the one in your photos. My NC750X 2018 screen is W380mm, H380mm, t=5mm and, whilst the top of the screen is flat (ie horizontal) the screen is curved in x-section, ie put a straight edge across the back of the screen (near the flat top edge) and the gap between the straight edge and the centre line of the screen measureas ~25mm. So any comments pls on whether or not the Universal screen extender would fit before i order one using your link?? Hope above makes sense! Thks.......

Nice setup (that i'm looking to copy). I also have an NC750 screen but it doesn't look exactly like the one in your photos. My NC750X 2018 screen is W380mm, H380mm, t=5mm and, whilst the top of the screen is flat (ie horizontal) the screen is curved in x-section, ie put a straight edge across the back of the screen (near the flat top edge) and the gap between the straight edge and the centre line of the screen measureas ~25mm. So any comments pls on whether or not the Universal screen extender would fit before i order one using your link?? Hope above makes sense! Thks.......

Mine is an NC750S screen. I can’t comment on whether the extender will fit your screen, but I suspect it would.

Got some serious upgrades off ebay this week and fitted today. Ohlins rear shock, forks with Racetech internals and Corbin seat. Went for a test ride on some rutted lanes up the road from me and the difference is huge.

The chap I bought the suspension from is currently building a bit of a special. A modded CRF250L chassis with CB500X engine. It should be quite a tool!

Back
Top Bottom