Gore texJackets

YosemitePaul

Reaction score
Its been many years since I posted on here. I've been bikeless for a good few years. But I'm now back in the game.
I need to replace my 18yr old textile jacket.
I've seen some negative reviews on recent Rukka products, I'm now confused.
So, I've three alternatives:

Rukka Armaxion
Dane Sealand
Klim Latitude

I appreciate that no-one will be able to compare all three jackets, but is there a collective opinion that one manufacturer is any better than another.

Thanks for your help

I'll get the pop corn. I am a Rukka fan, had my kit 3 years, ride in all weathers all year around, not one bad thing to say about the kit and no issues.

Regardless of the manufacturer the issue seems to be either bonded Goretex or a Goretex drop liner; both work well but with an interior drop liner the outer material can get sodden, prolonging drying time and generally being a bit shit. Bonded stuff is better but more expensive.

I would buy on fit then price. They will all work and all have their fans.

I tend to go with Rukka as they fit me okay and I look out for reductions when a new model is launched.

Go to the stockist(s) and try them on as your shortlist is likely to change. Once you have a jacket at the top of the list, research prices and see if the bricks & mortar retailer will price match. I'd pay a few quid extra if the price is relatively close to help keep the shop open.

Im moving onto the new klim latitude in feb. My older and still perfect klim latitude will be up for sale then size m

No other kit for me.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Rukka Armaxion you will be lucky to find any around as they are old stock and much less flexible than current stretch Armacor in the newer Rukka. If you are looking at older Rukka kit go for the Armaxis.

Dane Sealand suit is good I looked at them and tried them on very recently although I discounted it as it wasnt as good as Rukka IMO and the rest of their range wasnt as good overall.

I would if it were my money seriously look at the the Stadler all4 pro suit, a very well made bombproof suit or the Rukka Nivala suit.

They were my choices recently and I chose Rukka as I have all the new Rukka range and they are all interchangeable so I can mix and match between suits when the mood takes me.

Rukka now comes with a 6 year warranty and the Stadler all4 pro suit has a 10year warranty :bow

I bought a pair of laminated Dane trousers at the bike show last year and have been using them since then. I am absolutely delighted with them.

Conversely I have a Halvarssons jacket which I would absolutely not recommend.

Rukka Armaxion you will be lucky to find any around as they are old stock and much less flexible than current stretch Armacor in the newer Rukka. If you are looking at older Rukka kit go for the Armaxis.

Dane Sealand suit is good I looked at them and tried them on very recently although I discounted it as it wasnt as good as Rukka IMO and the rest of their range wasnt as good overall.

I would if it were my money seriously look at the the Stadler all4 pro suit, a very well made bombproof suit or the Rukka Nivala suit.

They were my choices recently and I chose Rukka as I have all the new Rukka range and they are all interchangeable so I can mix and match between suits when the mood takes me.

Rukka now comes with a 6 year warranty and the Stadler all4 pro suit has a 10year warranty :bow

This seems to be a good and balanced review between the top Rukka suit and Stadler - https://www.motolegends.com/stadler4allpro

I'm looking to replace my ageing 17 year old Hein Gericke Tuareg jacket.

Tried on the Klim Latitude last week but didn't like the collar as it was only just long enough to catch on the Velcro.

Tried a Dane but wasn't sure which one it was, loved the magnetic collar on that one but didn't like other things about the jacket.

Going to try a Klim Carlsbad later this week.

The Richa Atlantic is also on my radar but I've yet to see one in the flesh.

Might have a look at the Rukka gear too before finally committing to anything.

I have Klim Badlands but also I'm a big fan of Alpinestars Goretex Pro kit....

I’ve had a few different outfits over the years.

For me, goretex pro shell works best.

I’ve returned to Rukka as I’ve found the armour to offer more coverage than other similar spec’d clothing. Ventilation on the recent versions is much better than previously and I swap out the jacket lining for a heated liner in the colder weather.

I’m fancying a BMW Enduroguard suit, maybe one to consider as feedback seems very favourable

Thanks guys, some good info there. I really like the idea of the Stadler, its expensive yes but reviews are good. The only issue is Mototolegends is at the other end of the country for me, so there are issues with trying it on and comparing. So, I think probably Rukka is going to be the way to go. I'll go to Custom Lids in Newcastle and have a chat.
Thanks again.

Rukka every time, if I can help I'm a Rukka Schuberth and Daytona supplier,

Jenks

Thanks guys, some good info there. I really like the idea of the Stadler, its expensive yes but reviews are good. The only issue is Mototolegends is at the other end of the country for me, so there are issues with trying it on and comparing. So, I think probably Rukka is going to be the way to go. I'll go to Custom Lids in Newcastle and have a chat.
Thanks again.

I ordered an Airdraft Pro direct from Stadler about 5 years ago. They send a very detailed self-measurement form and you have access to the whole range. Staff at Stadler are very helpful and speak good English. I have a feeling the purchase was handled through Bikerland.de.
After two years I had a zip problem. Emailed Stadler. Loan jacket arrived in post after 3 days and repaired jacket returned after a fortnight. All on warranty without charge.

Fantastic quality and design.
Highly recommnded

YosemitePaul,

I have a Rukka Armas which I bough a few years ago and a KLIM Apex bought last year, both are laminate and both are excellent.

I went with the Apex over the other KLIM suits because I liked the styling and it doesn't suffer from the collar turning inside out like some of their other jackets did at the time.

The KLIM is "better" in the warmest weather as it has more venting.
The Rukka wins in cooler & properly cold weather as it has a thermal lining, storm collar, and a better cuff design which makes it easier to get bigger winter gloves seated properly.

IMHO the Rukka overall is better thought out, the collar is slightly higher and a better fit, and the short zip on the cuff is genius for getting gauntlet style gloves under the jacket.
If I could get the excellent venting of my KLIM in Rukka, then that would be my perfect suit (Rukka are you listening? :p)

That said, putting heated stuff on under the KLIM means I now use that as my go-to suit in all weathers.
I have often though that I could sell the Rukka, but it's so good I have ended up keeping it as a spare because I doubt it's used value reflects what a great suit it is.

If you're going new I'd say either Rukka or KLIM would be good choices; choose the one which fits you best and has the features you want (just make sure the collar on the KLIM is OK). If you're able to find a suit you like from these guys either as a used or end of range bargain then jump at them.

Last thoughts:
I looked long and hard at the Dane / Halvarssons kit at the NEC this year and I reckon they are worth considering.
They don't try to be an absolute competitor to Rukka, but their gear seems a great balance between price and performance.

So if the established top brands seem pricey (which to be honest they are unless you keep the same suit for 5 or 10 years ) then you could do a lot worse than looking at these guys.

Also looked at Stadler (I was working in Germany at the time) and thought they looked very good; I was just put off by them not having a UK dealer network.

Lots of good reading and recommendations here. I am looking to replace my Hein Gericke Gortex jackey which I have had for 9 years. It is no longer waterproof and some of the zips are broken and the velcro no longer works. The venting on it isnt great but ok. The back plate is one that I has laready from a previous jacket which was a lot better than the one that came with this one. Been a good jacket but need a replacement. I was thinking about a leather jacket but I use the bike 12 months of the year so that may not be practical. So will probably stay with Gortex

Remember those carefree days, when we rode everywhere in an old leather bike jacket, heavy jeans, and army boots..?

:hide

Back
Top Bottom