Sizing of inner tubes

The Other PaulG

Still searching
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

Firstly, apologies if this thread is in the wrong section - I wasn't sure where it should go but as the off-road crowd probably muck around changing tubed tyres more frequently than most, here seemed like a good place to start!

I am in the process of changing the tyres on il Bastardo (Duc 620ie trail special).

As the tubes have been in for a long time, I want to change those too.

I am using Busters as I have found them to be very good for this stuff previously.

So here's the question -

The front tyre is a 110/80 B19M. I cannot find a tube of exactly those dimensions. I am pretty sure I can use something 'close', but which dimension should I compromise on? For example, Busters have a 110/90/19 ... is that close enough to be safe? I am guesing that a shade too big is better than a shade too small??

I use the bike regularly for high speed motorway trips so I need to get this right!

For the rear I can find the correct tube size, so no probs there.

Cheers,

Paul G

OK, stand down, I've just found the correct sized tube.

It may still be an interesting question though - in an emergency, could you use an incorrect sized tube and how far from standard could you deviate in reasonable confidence?

You can use a incorrectly sized tube. Pereffably smaller. To big and the can get folds in them which then gives a weak spot. The size you were quoteing wouldnt matter. If you look at tube boxes you will see a number of sizes that they will suit. JJH

Back
Top Bottom