My lads first year on his Oset

Sadly he’s outgrown the Oset but we are moving on this year with a medium wheel Beta so it’s a whole new world of gears and clutch !

A great age to start, the new bike will take things to a different level

I'm so jealous. My son started at 6 and went right through the ranks to national and European. He's 38 now and rides the odd enduro, but I wouldn't swap the schoolboy days for anything. Good luck

A great age to start, the new bike will take things to a different level

He was eight when he started but some kids have been competing since they were five or six. You can tell the ones who live on farms and are on their bikes all the time.

I'm so jealous. My son started at 6 and went right through the ranks to national and European. He's 38 now and rides the odd enduro, but I wouldn't swap the schoolboy days for anything. Good luck
Thanks, I’ll support him as long as he wants to do it and enjoys it. Trials School was the best thing for him and all the kids came on leaps and bounds.
You probably know Andy Huddleston who’s a friend of mine and has offered to give him a few tips at his place in Frosterly.

kin ell ...what a lucky kid....hes enjoying that,money well spent respect

Thanks, I’ll support him as long as he wants to do it and enjoys it. Trials School was the best thing for him and all the kids came on leaps and bounds.
You probably know Andy Huddleston who’s a friend of mine and has offered to give him a few tips at his place in Frosterly.

Andy is a really good rider ex Hamilton Yamaha, as was his brother Chris. I've been to a few trials at Frosterley quarry where his Mam & Dad live over the years. Andy is now the boss of one of his old rivals Mike 'Spike' Fisher from Police interceptors.

Andy is a really good rider ex Hamilton Yamaha, as was his brother Chris. I've been to a few trials at Frosterley quarry where his Mam & Dad live over the years. Andy is now the boss of one of his old rivals Mike 'Spike' Fisher from Police interceptors.
I bought an ex Sandiford 315r off Andy years ago and wish I’d kept it now. He transferred to Northumbria a while back on promotion but he’s riding in a few local competitions again. He’s keen to give my lad some instruction up at the quarry so will pop up when we get the chance.

Andy is a really good rider ex Hamilton Yamaha, as was his brother Chris.

I've been to a few trials at Frosterley quarry where his Mam & Dad live over the years.

I've got an ex Hamilton TYZ, maybe he rode it at some point

Attachments

• 20141009_172051.jpg
    20141009_172051.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 329
I've got an ex Hamilton TYZ, maybe he rode it at some point

Possibly, I was at the British motorcycle GP with Andy and Chris years ago when they were doing a demonstration and I’m sure they were on TYZ’s.

Attachments

• 02B666A1-C4C2-4E05-B66C-B5A8B30BEA55.jpg
    02B666A1-C4C2-4E05-B66C-B5A8B30BEA55.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 364
Fabulous. I’ve really enjoyed reading about your lad, best of luck to him. (What a great dad!)

Hope you manage to keep us updated

:beerjug:

Brilliant... fantastic father/son time
Can’t wait to get my 1 year old on two wheels, he’s got a trike for now but will be on a balance bike in a couple of months.

Brilliant... fantastic father/son time
Can’t wait to get my 1 year old on two wheels, he’s got a trike for now but will be on a balance bike in a couple of months.

Balance bikes are awesome, our eldest was on one early, picked it up really quickly and transitioned to a pedal back with no stabilisers or accidents (touch wood) from first attempt onwards.... just not sure when to start the motorbike bit as we dont have a garden big enough and not sure where i can safely take him on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit of practice on the petrol bike before the season starts this weekend

Attachments

• 2B90E626-079B-4A66-A323-8A07CC959F9F.jpg
    2B90E626-079B-4A66-A323-8A07CC959F9F.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 311

Back
Top Bottom