MT07/Tracer Fork Upgrade

bisbee

VIGILUM
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aUTUV2H9KCA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Easy to do and not too costly in the scheme of things better to do a rear shock upgrade too This will take the bike to the next level imho

:beerjug:

Just fitted Hyperpro springs, fork oil and rear shock to my Tracer 900. The fork mod works though not in a life changing way. Not properly tested the rear shock due to weather and time. The springs were easy to fit as per YouTube. If you’re thinking about the Hyperpro shock be aware the preload can’t be adjusted without removing the whole unit, daft I know, but the adjuster is at the front end of the shock and totally inaccessible in situ. But the whole deal at NEC prices was about £450 so I’ll live with the downside as I don’t plan to eat all the pies or carry a pillion.

I’d agree that the shock will have more of an effect than the fork springs, depending on your weight; I managed to set the front sag to a reasonable level on the standard springs, but then I’m 80kg in riding kit and the
Reload was on max with the standard springs.

Just fitted Hyperpro springs, fork oil and rear shock to my Tracer 900. The fork mod works though not in a life changing way. Not properly tested the rear shock due to weather and time. The springs were easy to fit as per YouTube. If you’re thinking about the Hyperpro shock be aware the preload can’t be adjusted without removing the whole unit, daft I know, but the adjuster is at the front end of the shock and totally inaccessible in situ. But the whole deal at NEC prices was about £450 so I’ll live with the downside as I don’t plan to eat all the pies or carry a pillion.

I’d agree that the shock will have more of an effect than the fork springs, depending on your weight; I managed to set the front sag to a reasonable level on the standard springs, but then I’m 80kg in riding kit and the
Reload was on max with the standard springs.

YSS rear for £250 or the dogs ohlins is £500? (if I flog my oem it might be feasible to go yellow)
The new me weighs in at a similar figure and I'm taking the hideous pillion pegs off too I might go Ktech front springs?

:beerjug:

I’d go Nitron for the shock. Hyperpro springs are variable rate, as are a few other options, Maxton Have a good rep on the MT range and they use fixed rate springs. I looked at YSS and conclude it was probably a Hagon quality shock, ok but nothing wonderful, and I thought the Hyperpro might be a bit better. We’ll see.

Back
Top Bottom