HPN Tank

Paul415

Reaction score
Has any one painted their HPN tank, I was thinking about painting mine white and was looking for advice or tips.

yes I painted mine, it was white it is now, ford st orange and to be fair its the TT tank rather than HPN and nylon based.

I got a mate to paint it but basically I rubbed it down, he used a plastic primer and then just sprayed it, and its lasted at least 10 years.
only thing you dont say is what tank? The early airhead HPN tanks are polythene and you can do feck all, it porous to gas vapour any anything you put on will come off, the later made ones had been changed to a nylon base plastic which is ok.

you need to know which you have, my old r100 hpn tank was poly and stickers would not even stick, they can be treated with fluorine which seals the inside but dont know if that is something that can be done after they have had fuel in, I have same problem with safari tanks on ktm990 they are porous as hell no stickers no paint just the plain orange they were made in and live with it.

Back
Top Bottom