Teutonic tootles and making passes via the Romantic Road

What was I thinking?......

An early October trip to sample the best of Belgium, Bavaria, Austria and a smidgeon of Italy and Alsace.

The plan was play around the Ardennes for an afternoon. Overnight near Luxembourg, tootle up the Moselle Valley and then head across to the Romantische Strasse. Take this through Bavaria, follow (sort of) the Alpen Strasse, have a gander at Berteschgarten, kip in Salzburg. Up and at the Grossglockner, dip into Italia to take the Timmelsjoch and pick up a few of the northern, upsampled, Alpine passes en route. After all of this dull mountain fare, we would start the schlep back home taking the B500 (really not worth it) through the Black Forest (really worth it), paying respects at Verdun and then enjoying the last of Alsatian beauty until we get to "le Nord" where motorways and English road manners slowly complete their evil work of restoring stress and morbidity for the next 12 months ;)

Originally a two up trip, my mate ended up needing a new knee so it was Billy no mates blessed by some perfect weather.

Pics and report to follow......

Enjoyed the video.

:thumb

Enjoyed that. Question to the collective. How do you save the video from cam if on a long trip, not all of it obviously but parts of it per day?

Enjoyed that. Question to the collective. How do you save the video from cam if on a long trip, not all of it obviously but parts of it per day?

My solution was to bring along several memory cards with me, 64Gb for the most part. I didn't have the cam running all the time - I just shot shortish clips when there was something worth filming (scenery/twisties/etc.), otherwise you end up with hours of unwanted footage. Recorded everything in 1080p as my computer at home wouldn't be able to edit anything with a higher resolution, and this helped to keep the file sizes reasonable.

I also brought a wee Windows 10 tablet so I could watch the clips at the end of the day, but it wasn't a necessity by any means.

OP, nice vid by the way! :thumb2

Large SD card (128 or 64 Gb) will hold all the footage for 2-3 days. Upload to portable hard drive each evening via laptop weeding out crap as I go. try to be selective about when I film to avoid hours of dull crap.

Good video, great scenery and just about the right length to keep the viewer interested without needing t fast forward. Well done

Nice video and a great combination of weather and roads, well done for getting away.

Great short video, what did you use to edit it ?

Cool Vid. looks like some gorgeous days. I'm back out that way in June, Bring it on! :)

Back
Top Bottom