R nine second hand prices

I’ve spent money trying to make it my own and just don’t enjoy the ride of it even with the wilbers on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not?

My wife rode 2700 miles last year to Tuscany and back on her R9T Pure.... oh and she’s a new rider, having had her licence for just over a year now. Yes she did say it was a bit tiring (from lack of muscle memory and being nervous on a foreign roads), but then so was I, on my first trip to Italy in May 2016 on my then R1200 GS LC.

I love R9T and my choice would be a EU3 (original), Pure or Scrambler.
Racer or Turban just not to my taste.

Anyhow, good luck with the sale... it’s just a shame that in two years, loads of customising and you have lost

At least the 9T is capable of being ridden regularly (say - at weekends) - The T-Racer I think, struggles with even that.

R9T (and its variants) are similar to the Ducati Scrambler in one respect, there are a hell of a lot of them sitting in non bmw /ducati dealerships under 2 years old with very low mileages.

In the summer when my brother in law was thinking of changing his bike we visited almost all of the bike dealers in the North East, a few in the North West and a number in the Borders, all of them had either R9T's or Scramblers sitting in their showrooms that the dealers had taken in part exchange against more practical machines.

At least the 9T is capable of being ridden regularly (say - at weekends) - The T-Racer I think, struggles with even that.

You are to right about that. I’ve test riden Classic, Scrambler and Pure now. I’ve sat on a Urban (not my thing) and Racer.
Now I am rather different in body type to most folks on here, in respect to my height 6’3” with 35” inseam and abnormally long arms. An orangutang basically just without the face of one or a belly. I found Racer even with my stature, Very uncomfortable and frankly the looks of it I think contributed towards that decision/opinion.

Scrambler was most comfortable to sit on as you bumble along but being a naked bike once taps are open you really to hand off it.

Classic and Pure naturally have that leant forward riding position and give you that braced seating position, so wind pressure at speed not as noticeable but still is a bloody workout.

They are great cafe or city/town centre, Sunday afternoon bumble around the country roads/lanes, basically a poser bikes. In practical terms they are more than capable to do a Euro trip, but don’t expect to cover same miles as you would on a big GS or KTM Super Adventure.

When I test rode an Urban I thought was great as a second bike
Light and flickable with none of the bulk of a big GS
Easy to ride, like a big G650 Xcountry
If you live where I do and have lots of back roads, lanes and gravel tracks they are good bikes
Also it would be good to chuck in a van, take it to the Mosel or Alps for a week with a hotel base and letting the van do the boring motorways

I was talking to a BMW dealer yesterday .. and he was saying the bubble has really burst on the cafe racer style bikes... even on low monthly payment pcp they aren’t shifting.... he had pre reg of those funny coloured bikes ( sorry don’t what they are called )

I had a ride on the standard 9 t and found it comfortable and nice looking in equal measure,
The familiar drivetrain and all metal construction like my old 1150 adventure sold it for me,
Needing to down size from the gs for health reasons, i wanted to continue touring,
But have a more universal motorcycle with spoked wheels and a bit of style,
Its currently sat waiting to go on a 2000 mile+ trip to southern france in a few days , with luggage and big screen, handguards, airhawk off the gs, and a fully adjustable rear shock,
I will be at dent camping still in mini gs mode inc alloy top box,
The touring garb can be off in a few minutes , seat hump on and ready to race to a cafe,
Its not a perfect bike, but for me keeps me riding in comfort with a twist of nostagia,
Roamer,

I had a ride on the standard 9 t and found it comfortable and nice looking in equal measure,
The familiar drivetrain and all metal construction like my old 1150 adventure sold it for me,
Needing to down size from the gs for health reasons, i wanted to continue touring,
But have a more universal motorcycle,
Its currently sat waiting to go on a 2000 mile+ trip to southern france in a few days , with luggage and big screen, handguards, airhawk off the gs,
I will be at dent camping still in mini gs mode inc alloy top box,
The touring garb can be off in a few minutes , seat hump on and ready to race to a cafe,
Its not a perfect bike, but for me keeps me riding in comfort with a twist of nostagia,
Roamer,

Well summed up
Far easier to ride than the bulk of a bigger GS

I was talking to a BMW dealer yesterday .. and he was saying the bubble has really burst on the cafe racer style bikes... even on low monthly payment pcp they aren’t shifting.... he had pre reg of those funny coloured bikes ( sorry don’t what they are called )

Think they are just referred to as option 719 bikes - definitely a desperate last effort by BMW to shift a few more R9T's.

Personally I would stick with the Grey or Ali tank ones - look much better for the Scrambler at least - also still look good when dirty :D

Think they are just referred to as option 719 bikes - definitely a desperate last effort by BMW to shift a few more R9T's.

Personally I would stick with the Grey or Ali tank ones - look much better for the Scrambler at least - also still look good when dirty :D

Yes that looks very good dirty :thumb2

Urban looks really good though

……....just a pretend GS though :p

Turban is a smidge more practical with the low exhaust and has a slightly higher seat as standard. I like both but prefer the looks of the Scrambler ;)

……....just a pretend GS though :p

Turban is a smidge more practical with the low exhaust and has a slightly higher seat as standard. I like both but prefer the looks of the Scrambler ;)

At least the Urban evokes the retro heritage of the first G/S
The Scrambler isn't a bike BMW have every made - but copies a trend

At least the Urban evokes the retro heritage of the first G/S
The Scrambler isn't a bike BMW have every made - but copies a trend

So are you actually buying a Turban - lighter and quicker than your lardy old 1150's :D

Back
Top Bottom