R nine second hand prices

Big Jets

Reaction score
My mates looking at a r nine t variant ,he rekons there good value for money 2 year old ones selling for half new price, is there a underlying reason they drop like a stone .:beerjug:

Simple over supply by BMW - great value secondhand and lots of deals on new ones.

Also lots of folks have bought them and realised they were not that great as a "main" bike - great as a second bike though :beerjug:

This has lead to a lot of low mileage ones coming back onto the market.

My "keeper" Scrambler had 112 miles on the clock when I bought it as a 6 month old approved used BMW bike for what was then a big discount on new back in 2017 :D

the cafe racer version ( new ) is now selling at less than half price it was advertised at when introduced ! Local Dealers at my end have three in stock.

the cafe racer version ( new ) is now selling at less than half price it was advertised at when introduced ! Local Dealers at my end have three in stock.

That’s because you will need surgery after riding one.

SEX to look at, TORTURE to ride one.

Rest of the variants are great for bit of posing. As a main bike you’ve got to hard.

Not sure where this puts me as my wife rode her R9T Pure to Italy and back. Good girl she is. Barely complained. But upon return home she mumbled “Never fuckin’ again, thank fuck we are back now”. She’s a stressed driver at best of times, but even worse as a new rider on a bike she barely known and in a foreign country full of looney drivers.
Stil, well done to her and the effort she’s put in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Racer version is indeed a bargain , if a tad uncomfortable, and they just don’t sell but I thought the other variants were holding their value quite well?

That’s because you will need surgery after riding one.

SEX to look at, TORTURE to ride one.

Rest of the variants are great for bit of posing. As a main bike you’ve got to hard.

Not sure where this puts me as my wife rode her R9T Pure to Italy and back. Good girl she is. Barely complained. But upon return home she mumbled “Never fuckin’ again, thank fuck we are back now”. She’s a stressed driver at best of times, but even worse as a new rider on a bike she barely known and in a foreign country full of looney drivers.
Stil, well done to her and the effort she’s put in

Fair play to her Ev.... I wish I could get my wife on her own bike, but I think I would get her a gs 750 though:D

Fair play to her Ev.... I wish I could get my wife on her own bike, but I think I would get her a gs 750 though:D

We did look at 6 month old GS 700 but she was very clear about the fact she did not like how it looked and the fact that when she was doing training on one. Basically bike was to big for her and she kept failing her Module 2 test. Eventually having booked her to a school that had ER6 and owner sacrificed a perfectly good seat and had it reshaped for reduced seat height. She past the test 1st time and on top of it in a very busy rush hour Uxbridge.

We spent 4 weekend on the trot last year going to different dealers and trying all sorts of bikes. The two she was comfortable with were, Triumph Bobber and her seat height reduced BMW R9T Pure.

Having done loads of reading up on reviews over the next couple of days, she did decided on BMW. It is still a bit of a stretch for her if she happen to stop on a cambered road surface.

We did look at 6 month old GS 700 but she was very clear about the fact she did not like how it looked and the fact that when she was doing training on one. Basically bike was to big for her and she kept failing her Module 2 test. Eventually having booked her to a school that had ER6 and owner sacrificed a perfectly good seat and had it reshaped for reduced seat height. She past the test 1st time and on top of it in a very busy rush hour Uxbridge.

We spent 4 weekend on the trot last year going to different dealers and trying all sorts of bikes. The two she was comfortable with were, Triumph Bobber and her seat height reduced BMW R9T Pure.

Having done loads of reading up on reviews over the next couple of days, she did decided on BMW. It is still a bit of a stretch for her if she happen to stop on a cambered road surface.

Sounds like she really got into it and did it properly.. fair play to both of you. I would have loved to have toured Europe with my wife riding.... enjoy the good times bud. Ride safe.... both of you:D

Where are they half price, I have read this a couple of times now, I quite fancy a Scrambler but I cannot see one for less than 8k, that's only a third off

Surely when you go into a dealer you are not going to get shed loads knocked off, given they must be looking at 1-2k mark up

Cheers

Where are they half price, I have read this a couple of times now, I quite fancy a Scrambler but I cannot see one for less than 8k, that's only a third off

Surely when you go into a dealer you are not going to get shed loads knocked off, given they must be looking at 1-2k mark up

Cheers

You can have mine for 7.5K, if you are interested PM me.

So the search begins... after not riding my Thruxton R for nearly 12 months.. it’s got 2 go ... stunning looking but my back doesn’t like the riding position :rob

Fancy a Scrambler .... I think ..

£8000 seems to be the money for nearly new ones ... but they are fairly basic ... so what do they need ? Love the Ali tank but think that’s not an option on the scrambler

So the search begins... after not riding my Thruxton R for nearly 12 months.. it’s got 2 go ... stunning looking but my back doesn’t like the riding position :rob

Fancy a Scrambler .... I think ..

£8000 seems to be the money for nearly new ones ... but they are fairly basic ... so what do they need ? Love the Ali tank but think that’s not an option on the scrambler

Ali Tank on Scrambler is definitely an option ;)

Personally I would go for the best Scrambler X you can find (comes with cross spoke wheels and heated grips as standard) - think ASC was an extra but mine came with it.

Would also look for one without the awful knobbly tyres.

Then see how you get on but allow for fitting a Wilbers rear shock which significantly improves matters :D

PS - weather protection is terrible - adding hugger, fender extender and rear crud catcher off an Hexhead GS improves matters.

Ali Tank on Scrambler is definitely an option ;)

Personally I would go for the best Scrambler X you can find (comes with cross spoke wheels and heated grips as standard) - think ASC was an extra but mine came with it.

Would also look for one without the awful knobbly tyres.

Then see how you get on but allow for fitting a Wilbers rear shock which significantly improves matters :D

PS - weather protection is terrible - adding hugger, fender extender and rear crud catcher off an Hexhead GS improves matters.

Thanks for the pic and information :beerjug:

Here you go £8500 available until Friday 2017, 400 miles

dbaa8233e4f358fe6730071f52e3c8bf.jpg

Friday in for px, 2017 model sorry

I’ve spent money trying to make it my own and just don’t enjoy the ride of it even with the wilbers on.

400 miles in 2 years? What is the point of buying a bike then that going to be sat in the garage?

Cute bike though.....

I wish I could answer that question.

Back
Top Bottom