Thieving little scrotes

Auwyn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had cause to visit deepest, darkest Essex yesterday. I took my trusty steed but as I was running a little late, when I arrived I was not as attentive to locking up details as I might otherwise have been. About twenty minutes after I arrived, deep in conversation, the partner of the woman I was speaking with shouted down for her to call the police as “They’ve just nicked that motorbike”

It took a couple of seconds before it registered that he was talking about my bike, but luckily he had spooked them as they were wheeling it around the corner. They just dropped it and ran, so by the time (literally seconds) that I got out the front, they had gone and the bike was on it’s side on the pavement.

Clearly I got a very good lesson on the danger of complacency when leaving my machine, even when it is literally feet away from me. Lesson learned.

THe little fuckpigs did manage to break the indicator stem (minor problem compared to what would have otherwise been) and it is currently taped on (for shame), pending me purchasing a replacement.

I’m struggling to find one though. What’s the best place to get replacement parts for an older KTM adventure. Many of the parts stockists I have found online dont stock for older bikes. I figured some of you good people might have an idea.

Where were you out of interest?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Have you gat a photo of the one they broke ?

I may have one in my big KTM box of doom ;)

I will take a picture. It was the stem that broke at the part where it joins the bulb housing bit. I could glue it but it wouldnt be as pristine as it needs to be so want to replace it really.

Trevor pope in Gosport .. google him

My old Citroen ZX shitter got screwed in Tilbury - when I was standing with my back to it thirty metres away. What a fecking shite hole..and I grew up in Chatham

Wardrobe to the interrogation suite please; calling Wardrobe ...

Try having a look on eBay. Not sure what sort you need, but I've bought some KTM indicators for my Mikeyboy special which have been great.

People take them off before off-roading the bikes, so there's alway a few for sale. Might help. Might not.

Im not sure it broke in quite the same way/place, but will have a look in the light. Thanks for that though. Will be right handy if that works.

Im not sure it broke in quite the same way/place, but will have a look in the light. Thanks for that though. Will be right handy if that works.

Hopefully it does, if not try to post a picture, and if the part exists in a 3d model somewhere, I will gladly print it for free.........;)

Try having a look on eBay. Not sure what sort you need, but I've bought some KTM indicators for my Mikeyboy special which have been great.

People take them off before off-roading the bikes, so there's alway a few for sale. Might help. Might not.

Like these from an EXC ?

s-l1600.jpg

Yep. Them's the jimmies. I’ve bust both of mine. I’m now waiting for the tape to fail before I use my spares.

Then I’ll have to get some more spares.

Back
Top Bottom