Saltbox?

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Would the Saltbox be any good for a meeting place? On the old A50, just outside Tutbury / Hatton.

I used to go there now and again... I remember it being a good cafe. I'll look into it...

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk

Anna sometimes gets me to take her there for lunch - only a low key affair, but it is still a good place. I use it sometimes when I go fishing, my club has a lake about a mile from it. We have a couple of other lakes near Retford.

Looks like we'd better be having a breakfast meet at the Salt Box...

Watch this space

Used to work up the road, it’s a nice spot with a big car park and plenty seats if there’s going to be a few of you.

Breakfast is the usual and does a nice fry up. If I remember, it’s been a while, it’s not too expensive either!

Maybe we could get a few of the more west Mids. riders..?

The more the better:beerjug:

I live in the same postcode.........Food is ok if you like that kind of thing but certainly not gourmet.

It is a cracking meeting place though parking for about 2000 bikes

Generally home to the most stuck up, unfriendly and generally dull people in the region

If only the nice houses were affordable and had off street parking.

Indeed!
Many do, but obviously the Victorian ones often don't...
I can get my bikes into the back yard, but the cars take pot luck, on the street...

I'm sorry the saltbox isn't to your standard... I'll crawl back in my impoverished hole. We go there for a special lunchtime treat occassionally.

I'm sorry the saltbox isn't to your standard... I'll crawl back in my impoverished hole. We go there for a special lunchtime treat occassionally.
Aw, don't take on!
I've not been for years, don't get over that way much, these days.

Back
Top Bottom